Weapons doing greater damage to Large Sized Creatures...why?

William drake

First Post
dcas said:
'Deed I did.

The elephant's superior toughness (when compared to a horse) is reflected in its lower armor class and greater number of hit points. It does not follow that it would not take more damage (but less damage relative to its total number of hit points) from a sword than a horse would.

Ok, maybe I’m not saying it right.

Lets do this:

Elephant has 100 hp and a horse has 30 *ok, just saying for both*

and I attack with my sword, a great sword...and hit the Elephant and do 10 damage, then I also attack and do 10 damage to the horse. Who was hurt more...the Elephant or the horse.

Well, true, they both lost the same amount of HP, but who lost the most on the basses of how it affected their overall HP.

Well, if the Elephant has 100, and only lost ten..then it lost 1/10th of its overall HP
And if the horse has 30, and lost ten also...then it lost 1/3 of its over all HP.

Which is bigger...1/10, or 1/3...

And by this, I say that it doesn’t make sense to say that attacking a bigger creature does more damage than attacking a smaller one since the overall damage is based on how much HP is lost while considering what HP it has to begin with.

So, like before. It may be easier to hit bigger creatures, but doesn’t Really do more damage.

And no, a bigger weapon doesn’t do more damage, in fact, they does damage that is relative to its and the creatures size. Bigger weapons do appropriate damage since they are designed to take on larger creatures.

I’ve always agreed that when fighting large creatures, large weapons are the way to go...but I don’t agree that by fighting them you do more damage then if you were fighting a small one.

Remove ads