• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

weapons imbued with cure light wounds?

Kranton Zo`erth

First Post
I am curious about weapons that are capable of casting cure light wonds.....take arrows for this example.....first off is it possible....and secondly....would you do your normal dmage for the weapon then add the cure effect?

Thanks for the time.
Kranton Zo`erth

reanjr

First Post
Kranton Zo`erth said:
I am curious about weapons that are capable of casting cure light wonds.....take arrows for this example.....first off is it possible....and secondly....would you do your normal dmage for the weapon then add the cure effect?

Thanks for the time.
Kranton Zo`erth

I'm not sure if it would be possible. Check Tome and Blood or the upcoming Complete Arcane for that. I would imagine you could imbue just about any low-level touch spell into a weapon, but that's more my opinion based on what I've seen of the rules. I would definitely make the weapon cause damage.

If you can put negative energy into a weapon, why not positive? Make a good undead killer or a way to give the rogue something to do from the back lines if the combat is too heavy (arrows of cure light wounds @ 4th level casting would heal an average of 5 hp per attack).

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
reanjr said:
Make a good undead killer or a way to give the rogue something to do from the back lines if the combat is too heavy (arrows of cure light wounds @ 4th level casting would heal an average of 5 hp per attack).

Unless of course the Rogue is within 30 feet and gets sneak attack damage - Oops, Sorry! :p

Kranton Zo`erth

First Post
Of course I just thought of using the blunt arrows for subdual....then of course I could see them used as a curing means.....and I never thought of the whole undead thing.....undead should be forefront in my mind.....been alot of them in the campaign i am playing in......

Old One

First Post
Hehe...

I actually used these in a 1-shot adventure I GM'd for the North Carolina Game Day IV. IIRC, they were blunt arrows imbued with CLW at 5th level. I allowed them to be used as a range touch attack to deliver the spell. They were carried by a ranger/cleric played by one of my old players from the NC area.

He kind of laughed at them (he thought they were silly), but they proved to be immensely helpful since they saved 2 party members that were down and dying when no one could get to them to administer potions or other curratives. The scenario did not contain any undead, but I would have allowed them to be used against undead in the same manner (ie, ranged touch attack to trigger the spell).

~ Old One

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Among the more amusing magic items that I've ever created (for a 1 shot game) was The Club of Healing. If you swung it hard enough to inflict normal damage (1d6) it would also cast a caster level 1 Cure Light Wounds on the recipient of the blow. Grand hilarity as the party cleric would beat fellow party members back to health while nearly killing them on a couple of occasions.

Also very useful against undead.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Rel said:
Among the more amusing magic items that I've ever created (for a 1 shot game) was The Club of Healing. If you swung it hard enough to inflict normal damage (1d6) it would also cast a caster level 1 Cure Light Wounds on the recipient of the blow. Grand hilarity as the party cleric would beat fellow party members back to health while nearly killing them on a couple of occasions.

Also very useful against undead.

Ironically, I was just about to mention that Whacked item. :heh: Thank God Mugnutz the Blue never needed the darned thing; knowing my luck, it'd be a good thing just to break even.

Thank you for the Faerie Grinder, though. :)

dcollins

Explorer
Kranton Zo`erth said:

Well, there's no item in the existing rules that does this. If you're talking about a "new item", then you're talking House Rules, and everything about it is up to the DM -- possibility, availability, price, exactly how it functions, etc.

www.superdan.net/dndfaq3.html

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Rel said:

"... and +2 for Weapon Specialization (Club), and +3 for Strength, and +4 for Favoured Enemy (Elf)..."
"... dude, what are you doing?"

----

Anyone remember the Mallet of Luck from 1E Oriental Adventures?

Smack them with the mallet, deal damage, and they got a luck bonus for a while... :)

-Hyp.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads