Weem and the Caves of Chaos

havard

Adventurer
Excellent work!

Since the Caves of Chaos also exist in the Mystara Campaign Setting, I am especially pleased :cool:

-Havard

Kaodi

Hero
That is some timely thread necromancy, Mortal Plague. The beauty of weem's map might just be enough to revive my flagging interest in playing through the Caves of Chaos alone.

weem

First Post
Thanks again everyone, I appreciate it ;)

One of the things I can confirm (now that the playtest is public) is that I was participating in the "Friends and Family" playtest that began right when "Next" was announced in January.

I made the map in the beginning of February. Another person involved in the playtest at the time mentioned (on Twitter) that he wished there was a better version of the CoC map. I thought it would be fun to give it a go, and I also knew that there were others who could use it at the time. Additionally, the assumption was it (the adventure) would also be included for others when the public playtest came around - so it helped that I had a feeling many more would eventually be able to make use of it as well.

Anyway, that's just a little behind-the-scenes on the map. In fact, some of that information is in a "journal" post I made highlighting the various events that occurred between the "Next" announcement, and the release of the public playtest on the 24th. You can read that here...

D&D “Next” Playtest Journal

Thanks again everyone ;)

Damn the lack of XP system, this ROCKS!

IF we wanted to print this the right size for minis, how many pages would I have to stretch it over?

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great job weem

As I'm about to start a game here on EnWorld those maps will help make it most enjoyable.

Wondering if you thought to make an "outside" version. A map showing only the caves, hills, and trees but nothing inside. Just thinking not all the exploring/combat need be inside (though there is enough of it).

Thanks again.

HM

Klaus

First Post
[MENTION=9470]weem[/MENTION] did a very awesome Caves of Chaos map.

Caves of Chaos Reimagined by Weem | theWeem.com | RPG Fan and Graphics Guy

Very cool.

In light of the ongoing playtest, I'm giving this thread a bump so everyone can enjoy weem's awesome map!

I am tearing it apart to spread the caves over a larger area (making it at least a day's walk from the north wall to the south wall, and about 3 days from the mouth of the valley to the western end (the tunnels connecting a few caves will be much longer, requiring at least an hour to travel).

Remove ads