• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Welcome to ENWorld DC Area Gameday II -- Saturday, March 15 2008

madwabbit

First Post
The_Universe said:
I'm more than happy to arrange so that it's at least an option.

Do we prefer a third session to a group outing? I tend to find the two sessions pretty exhausting, but there's no reason to deny people with more endurance than I an opportunity to keep playing. ;)
I'm torn -- I know that I too will likely be tired, and that I'd love the idea of a social event capping the day... but I'd also love the thought of another session just because you can never have enough gaming!!

Or we could do both... a third session AND a social event, and peeps can choose. Eh, maybe not.

I dunno... I guess it really boils down to Rodrigo's preference on this, since he's got to play Hall Monitor on the room.

John Crichton

First Post
I like the 2 slots, group dinner and shorter lunches w/delivery ideas. They did pizza and subs delivery at Albany GD and that worked really well. Keeping lunch to 90 minutes or less is a good idea.

10am start time is also a good idea. :cool:

The_Universe

First Post
John Crichton said:
I like the 2 slots, group dinner and shorter lunches w/delivery ideas. They did pizza and subs delivery at Albany GD and that worked really well. Keeping lunch to 90 minutes or less is a good idea.

My personal preference is that, if we're starting at 10am, we leave sessions at 4.5 hours, we break for lunch for 1 hour, and, as my post above, some sort of "order in" option (probably Pizza) is provided to those pressed for time (see my above posts for details).

I still like the group outing idea after the gameday, but it definitely needs to be better organized this time than it was in our inaugeral version. For example, we need to know *exactly* where we're going, and we need to NOT go to the place we went last time. ;)

Xer0

First Post
Well, going by what happened last time, I had to leave after the raffle at the end of the GameDay. I was really beat and since I live in Bel Air, I've got a two+ hour commute to make. It'd be my preference to have the two gaming sessions and then break for dinner afterwards.

Having food delivered in is an excellent idea.

Bretbo

First Post
John Crichton said:

I'm down with this idea as well. Of course, if folks want to break for lunch and wander out they certainly could. Its' just nice to have the option of not having to rush out if your first game went long and grab something before you have to run/play in your next game.

I'm looking forward to hang'n/gaming with you all again!

madwabbit

First Post
The_Universe said:
I still like the group outing idea after the gameday, but it definitely needs to be better organized this time than it was in our inaugeral version. For example, we need to know *exactly* where we're going, and we need to NOT go to the place we went last time. ;)
Werd.

OK, so a third session is overly ambitious. No problem. We DEFINITELY need to find a place to eat, and one perhaps closer to the venue. There's some eateries at Dupont -- Buca di Beppo comes to mind if we wanted to keep it Italian, in the same price range (more or less), and they can definitely handle large groups if we call them ahead of time.

The_Universe

First Post
Buca di Beppo (from what I've heard) would probably be a good choice for this kind of thing. When we get closer to the actual event and have a better idea of how many attendees we're looking at, we should look into getting some tables reserved. :)

As for the games themselves, I'm thinking we should open up for GMs to announce their intention(s) to run games about 6 weeks before (approximately 1 February), and then have player registration begin officially 2 weeks later (approximately 15 February). We can still use the boards to handle all of that, and just urge potential attendees not to jump the gun. :D

madwabbit

First Post
The_Universe said:
Buca di Beppo (from what I've heard) would probably be a good choice for this kind of thing. When we get closer to the actual event and have a better idea of how many attendees we're looking at, we should look into getting some tables reserved. :)

As for the games themselves, I'm thinking we should open up for GMs to announce their intention(s) to run games about 6 weeks before (approximately 1 February), and then have player registration begin officially 2 weeks later (approximately 15 February). We can still use the boards to handle all of that, and just urge potential attendees not to jump the gun. :D
Werd, dawg. ;)

Remove ads