• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Welcome to ENWorld DC Area Gameday II -- Saturday, March 15 2008

The_Universe said:
For example, we need to know *exactly* where we're going, and we need to NOT go to the place we went last time. ;)

*I* knew where I was going :)

I'm still torn on the third session. I'm really a night person, and although I enjoy the morning games, I don't feel like I'm functioning at a high level until the afternoon session. I was rarin' to game some more after we got back from dinner the last time :D

MarauderX

Explorer
Perhaps 3rd session is optional with a shorter run of ~3 hours to fit in dinner before it.

Is Dupont Circle the closest neighborhood? By the map, Adams Morgan or Takoma Park might be closer.

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
*I* knew where I was going :)

I'm still torn on the third session. I'm really a night person, and although I enjoy the morning games, I don't feel like I'm functioning at a high level until the afternoon session. I was rarin' to game some more after we got back from dinner the last time :D
Well, it's all on you there, big guy, since you gotta baby-sit the room.

Myself, I'm down with a third session, but I also dig the group dinner idea too.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
I can't wait, the first games day sounded awesome. I like the idea of ordering lunch, a group dinner and if I don't have anything the next morning I would be in for a late night game, if there was one.

madwabbit

First Post
MarauderX said:
Perhaps 3rd session is optional with a shorter run of ~3 hours to fit in dinner before it.

Is Dupont Circle the closest neighborhood? By the map, Adams Morgan or Takoma Park might be closer.
Rodrigo can answer this, but I imagine the preference for something like Dupont is Metro accessibility so as to avoid having to find parking for the carpool caravan we'd have.

Then again, maybe parking will be easier to find than I'm worrying about.

Adams Morgan is geographically a little closer , but there are relatively few places there (or at least, none I'm familiar with) that could accomodate 20+ people handily. Plus, it's a decent hike away, especially if the weather is crappy. And parking blows.

Takoma Park is further away; you'd have to metro all the way into the city (past Dupont) and then back out again.

Psion

Adventurer
The_Universe said:
I'm more than happy to arrange so that it's at least an option.

Do we prefer a third session to a group outing? I tend to find the two sessions pretty exhausting, but there's no reason to deny people with more endurance than I an opportunity to keep playing. ;)

Unless I'm crashing at someone's house, a third session is out for me.

madwabbit

First Post
So, I'll kick off the unofficial musings before scheduling actually begins... who's thinking about running something, and if so, what? I'm tossing around maybe something Western, or maybe something using Star Wars Saga Edition.

Or something entirely unrelated to either of those.

But that's what I'm thinking so far.

Qualidar and I were talking about flying down for the weekend for the gameday... Anyone willing to put us up?

Also I may run some Mutants and Masterminds... I have to decide.

Last edited:

madwabbit

First Post
Legolasgimli24 said:
Qualidar and I were talking about flying down for the weekend for the gameday... Anyone willing to put us up?
Yes, ABSOLUTELY. I should have bed and couch space for a few folks, and my wife and I will happily put y'all up.

Also I may run some Mutants and Masterminds... I have to decide.
Most excellent -- my first M&M experience was Qualidar's game at Queenie's and it was FREAKIN' AWESOME!! :) My GoogleTalk tagline is now "I... am CAPTAIN ATOMIC!". :D

Remove ads