• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Welcome to the 5th anniversary!

Castellan

First Post
It's great to see all the hard work being put into the site. I really appreciate it!

Is the older "default theme" likely to be available as an "old school" option in the User Prefs? The background on the new default is a little bit too distracting for my tastes. I'm using Player's Handbook theme, but I like the black background (don't know why... just do!) and would love the previous theme to still be available.

Whatever you choose to do, keep up the great work!

jezter6

Explorer
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

While it looks nifty, it's a distraction and more graphics == pain to load for me. Is there ANY chance you can make the old black default it's own theme that will not get played with every few weeks? I like the stealth, but I just can't stand the whiteness of it because I'm so used to the black default settings.

Please just separate the standard black theme for those of us who like things the way they were without having to be played with every time an occasion comes up?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The classic EN World style and a new stealth style will both be available as options. It'll take Michael a day or two to do it, though!

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Please make it a priority to get the old default style available as quickly as possible. I find this new style much less readable. Thanks.

Out of curiousity, what is the reasoning behind the change? Was there a problem with the previous theme that this theme is meant to address? Because honestly, if these changes are being made just for fun, that's fine, but PLEASE offer them as new options rather than as a new default. Unless there's a demonstratable improvement in usability over the previous theme, I fail to see the point in this.

Feats database looks like it will rock, however. Now THERE'S some demonstratable improvements! Nice work.

Turanil

First Post
Morrus said:
The classic EN World style and a new stealth style will both be available as options.

Thanks. Despite a lot of work has been put into this new style, I prefer the old one. Don't want to sound whiny, but this new 5th anniversary style, although being nice, makes me think of a mausoleum, a crypt of some sort. Of course, considering this is a d20 rpg messageboard favoring D&D discussion, and since D&D is mainly about dungeon delving, and since the archetypal dungeon is a crypt, well... it's probably appropriate.

Remove ads