Welcome to the Jungle (New ToA - RG)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Amitiel - angel of truth, Amil for mortals
Patron: Radueriel - angel who can create other angels and oversees archives

Protector Aasimar Celestal Warlock 1

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Outsider)
Init: +2
Senses: Darkvision 60'
Passive: Perception 11, Insight 11

DEFENSE
AC: 14 (studded leather 12 +2 dex)
HP: 10 = 10 + 0 x (1d8+2)
Saves: Str -1 Dex +2 Con +4, Int +2 Wis +0, Cha +5
Special Defenses: Necrotic and Radiant Resistance

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft / Fly 30 ft
Melee: Dagger +4 / 1d4+2
Ranged: Eldritch blast +5 / 1d10

ATTRIBUTES

Str 8 (-1) - 0 pts
Dex 14 (+2) - 7 pts
Con 14 (+2) - 7 pts
Int 14 (+2) - 7 pts
Wis 10 (+0) - 1 pt
Cha 17 (+3) - 9 pts
(Cha +2 Aasimar, Wis +1 Aasimar)

SPELLS (2 slots):
Cantrips:
Eldritch Blast (warlock)
Minor Illusion (warlock)
Light (Aasimar)

1st: Cause Fear, Cure Wounds

FEATS:

Warlock: Choose two from Arcana, Deception, History, Intimidation, Investigation, Nature, and Religion
SKILLS:
ProficiencySource
ArcanaWarlock
InvestigationWarlock
HistoryCloistered Scholar
ReligionCloistered Scholar

SkillAttribModProfTotal
AcrobaticsDEX+2+2
Animal HandlingWIS+0
ArcanaINT+2+3+5
AthleticsSTR-1-1
DeceptionCHA+3+3
HistoryINT+2+3+5
InsightWIS+0+0
IntimidationCHA+3+3
InvestigationINT+2+3+5
MedicineWIS+0+0
NatureINT+2+2
PerceptionWIS+0+0
PerformanceCHA+3+3
PersuasionCHA+3+3
ReligionINT+2+2+4
Sleight of HandDEX+2+2
StealthDEX+2+2
SurvivalWIS+0+0

Aasimar
Languages: Celestial, Common
Healing Hands: As an action, you can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hit points equal to your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
Light Bearer: You know the Light cantrip. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for it.
Radiant Soul: Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing your eyes to glimmer and two luminous, incorporeal wings to sprout from your back.

Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, you have a flying speed of 30 feet, and once on each of your turns, you can deal extra radiant damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra radiant damage equals your level.

Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Background
Skill Proficiencies: History, Religion
Languages: Ancient, Primordial
Equipment: The scholar's robes of your cloister
a writing kit (small pouch with a quill, ink, folded parchment, and a small penknife)
a borrowed book on the subject of your current study (Necronomicon)
and a pouch containing 10 gp

Library Access

Warlock
Proficiencies
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma

Bonus Cantrips: Sacred Flame, Light
Healing Light 2d6 of healing daily in 1d6 steps
Radiant Soul: add Cha to damage of Fire or Radiant spells against 1 target 1/day

Spellcasting: DC 13

TRAIT: I quote (or misquote) sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
IDEAL: Faith. I trust that my deity will guide my actions, I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.
BOND: I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
FLAW: I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temple’s hierarchy.

Quarterstaff
Arcane Focus
A scholar's pack
Studded leather armor
Three daggers
Light crossbow +20 bolts
Ink
Parchment
Backpack
  • hempen rope 50'
  • Rations x 10
  • Tinderbox
  • Waterskin

Amitiel looks human for the most part and only those knowledgeable in such things can discern his true nature. He has black hair, a hooked nose, and a clear tan with dark intense eyes. For most of the existence, he remembers he lived in Oghma halls, maintaining the library, keeping records of new tomes, and doing things most of the librarians anywhere would find familiar. Only library patrons would be strange, angels, archons, primordials, spirits, even occasional fiend.

Everything in his world turned upside-down when he was chosen to find out more about the threat patron of bards detected in the future. Amitiel was sent down as a simple monk, a librarian in the Great Library of Waterdeep where he was to search for clues of Death Apocalypse and lead mortals toward recovering artifacts for Good and discouraging those who searched for dark lore.

In the last half-century of his life, he was a fixture in the library, searching, questing, trying to prevent the thing Oghma saw. And he failed. Not only that, he felt the grace of Oghma retreat as people turned their faces from gods and simply died where they stood. He got sick too - a new experience for an angel - and was fading quickly when his superior contacted him and offered to bring him home.

Amitiel turned the offer down and asked to be cast down from the heavens into the mortal body. He remained at the library even as the mortal world kept shrinking. He questioned survivors, new arrivals, incoming mages, and other casters. And he couldn't find anything that could reverse the events. Finally, in desperation, he removed himself from his exile and tried to do something real, something that could be felt.

And for his troubles, he almost got killed as he tried to negotiate the exit with thieves guild appealing to their better natures. Even if he is mortal now, he still doesn't understand them and lying comes hard to him. He just missed the group of adventurers hired to go out. Using his contacts he went over the sea in a blink of an eye waiting for the group.

Amitiel.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads