• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Welcome!

Kerrick

First Post
Welcome to the Society of 3.5 Revisionists, and thanks for the support! I was rather surprised to see so many people joining already... now we've got a forum. :D

Feel free to post your ideas, rules, classes, whatever - that's what this forum is for.

Hey Kerrick,

Thanks for the invite. I tried to post a hello earlier, but I didn't have autho.

I'll keep it short this time cause I hate writing a big post only to be unable to post it!

I don't mean to be uncouth, but have you checked out the "Toward 5E" group? They've got some pretty good ideas too. Especially an article about the math of 3.x and whats wrong with it. But, more important, its useful to fix it. I am messing with making all the math right for my game, and I found this and other discussions great inspiration.

Obviously, that is the point of THIS group. I can't wait to see some topics on here.

Later

Hawken

First Post
Hello.

I just have kind of a quick thing here right now since it just came up in one of my play by post games.

When a character is Dying (-1 to -9 hit points), instead of having to get a 10 or less on a d100, I have them roll a d20 and a 19 or 20 stabilizes. The character also gets to add their Constitution modifier to the roll.

I never understood why such an important roll was made on a d100 instead of d20. That and it makes sense to me that someone tougher and healthier than average should have a better chance of surviving such a serious injury.

Kerrick

First Post
Hey Kerrick,

Thanks for the invite. I tried to post a hello earlier, but I didn't have autho.
Yeah, one of the updates borked things up, but Morrus fixed it. Yay Morrus! :D

I don't mean to be uncouth, but have you checked out the "Toward 5E" group? They've got some pretty good ideas too. Especially an article about the math of 3.x and whats wrong with it. But, more important, its useful to fix it. I am messing with making all the math right for my game, and I found this and other discussions great inspiration.
I have, actually... I looked around to see if there was already a group doing what I wanted to do before I started this one. Toward 5E is working toward a specific goal - (kind of) low magic, gritty, etc. I like that kind of campaign, but I know not everyone does; this forum is more for general rules revisions, whether for low- or high-magic, or anything in between.

I just have kind of a quick thing here right now since it just came up in one of my play by post games.

When a character is Dying (-1 to -9 hit points), instead of having to get a 10 or less on a d100, I have them roll a d20 and a 19 or 20 stabilizes. The character also gets to add their Constitution modifier to the roll.

I never understood why such an important roll was made on a d100 instead of d20. That and it makes sense to me that someone tougher and healthier than average should have a better chance of surviving such a serious injury.
I agree. That's why I came up with a variant death and dying rule.

Oh, absolutely! I wasn't sugesting for a second that this group is pointless or unnecessary. I just like to <cough>steal<cough> other groups mojo for ourselves.....

Kerrick

First Post
I can't recall if I posted a link in the discussions or not, and I can't check, since I can't seem to find them anymore. If any of you has access, can you post (or make sure I posted) the link so others will know? I've got it in my sig too.

Remove ads