Werefox

Krishnath

First Post
I do like my players, I just don't like dolting with them, besides theres always a chance to bring them back from the dead... About what minions I had in mind, well not much really. Only three creature types actually, about a dozen or so Hellhounds (CR: 3), four or five Demonically Fused Medium-size Magma Paraelemental (CR: 5) and a pair of Half-Fire Elemental Tsuno (CR: 8), this is ofcourse before the dragon encounter, not during it, then it's only the dragon against the players...

kolvar

First Post
@ragnarok: Question: We over at the Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge just saw, the diseases mention a were-fox. And we got none, therefore: May we use ure version? (2late will provide some artwork. that is to tempting for us)

Dark_Flame

First Post
Druids and Werefoxes?

Ok if a Druid becomes a Werefox, could she use her affinity with nature, natural shapeshifting abilities, and other abilities to control her Werefox side? After all there are druids who do purposely infect themselves with Lycanthropy (see Shapeshifter Druids from 2nd edition), so if they can control a werewolf side, they should be able to control a werefox infection and harness it towards the cause protecting nature.

My second question is would werefoxes pretty much have the Timeless Body ability considering their Regeneration as well as their good looking natural state would prevent them from growing old from age? just something I'ed like to know.

Krishnath

First Post
There is a special skill in the MM (Control Shape) that only lycanthropes can learn (as a class skill), that allows them to control their shapeshifting powers, this ofcourse assumes that the lycanthrope in question knows it's infected.

rankarrog

First Post
Dark_Flame said:
Ok if a Druid becomes a Werefox, could she use her affinity with nature, natural shapeshifting abilities, and other abilities to control her Werefox side? After all there are druids who do purposely infect themselves with Lycanthropy (see Shapeshifter Druids from 2nd edition), so if they can control a werewolf side, they should be able to control a werefox infection and harness it towards the cause protecting nature.
That's of course up to the DM. I'd suggest however that the character would have to pay the additional Might with an ECL, as if the character started with a more powerful race than she actually did. I'd sugest an ECL of +6 (or +4 without the Bewitching Beauty ability, which can be from a DM's point of view quite disasterous :), this can be explained by the fact that a character will most likely not be educated by the werefox which infected the character, or that only a CE-Werefox can use this ability (While I've seen LE and NE character work with a group, I've never seen CE to do the same, sooner or later they got killed, frequently by other partymebers, whom they attacked first...)).

If you don't want to pay an ECl you have to use the skill allready mentioned by Krishnath, which is IMHO only a temporary solution (sooner or later you'll simply have to fail a check (Murphy rules!) and eat someone who's more or less improtant. This might be a point in the campaingn where even the other partymembers may consider it to be to dangerous to travel with such a character).

Dark_Flame said:
My second question is would werefoxes pretty much have the Timeless Body ability considering their Regeneration as well as their good looking natural state would prevent them from growing old from age? just something I'ed like to know.
Although this would suit the werefox perfectly, it's not stated in the former MMs that the werefox doesn't age.
If you give this ability to the werefox, I suggest that the characters physical abilities will not decrase, and that in exchange the only mental ability which increases is charisma.

rankarrog

First Post
Sorry to bump that thread, but there's something in the conversion which I'm not sure if I made an error. It's nothing important and it's nothing about stats or such, it's more about the english language:

I made the conversion upon 2e-material in another language. Last week I've seen the equivalent english monstrous compendium, and there's stated that in the ability which I named "minor regenration" that "any nonfatal wound vanisches within a month".
Is there a diffrence in english between fatal and lethal? I just ask because the translation I worked upon states "non lethal" while the original states "non fatal" and Fatal in my language means "extremly bad" while Lethal means "deadly".

Remove ads