• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Werewolf: The Forsaken "Historical Eras"

Tokiwong

First Post
Just an idea I had in my mind to set a werewolf game in the historical period of the warrring states era of Japan, not exactly super accurate on Japanese history, but close enought o evoke the feeling. Like The Last Samurai with werewolves...

Anyways, yeah I am not sure how much interest there would be for that and it would most likely be more akin to a one-shot, unless interest was high :)

I am also partial to a historical Rome scenario as well :) which would be alot of fun... lol

Last edited:

nonamazing

Explorer
This seems like an interesting game. Since the Japanese place a strong emphasis on honoring the spirits, Forsaken would much more keenly feel their rejection from the spirit world (as opposed to a more typical modern-day campaign, where your average Westerner just says, "Spirit? Who cares about stupid Spirits?").

Have you given any thought to the plot or setting? Are you thinking of a city campaign set in the middle of, say, Tokyo, or are you thinking of a more rural campaign set admist the smaller villages and the wild forests?

Tokiwong

First Post
nonamazing said:
This seems like an interesting game. Since the Japanese place a strong emphasis on honoring the spirits, Forsaken would much more keenly feel their rejection from the spirit world (as opposed to a more typical modern-day campaign, where your average Westerner just says, "Spirit? Who cares about stupid Spirits?").

Have you given any thought to the plot or setting? Are you thinking of a city campaign set in the middle of, say, Tokyo, or are you thinking of a more rural campaign set admist the smaller villages and the wild forests?
Maybe a mixture of both... nothing concrete yet, beyond the historical setting :)

Graf

Explorer
Sorry to prod a dead thread. Historical settings might be ideal for online games..., there's relatively speaking, less detailed arbitration. The limited choices might make moving from scene to scene more easy to handle.

And it's very evocative of course.

Remove ads