Werewolf: The Forsaken Interest Thread

Tokiwong

First Post
I want to run another world of darkness game for Werewolf: The Forsaken, not sure how much interest I will get but I am throwing this out there.

Tokiwong

First Post
Well I want to run a Werewolf: The Forsaken game alongside my Mage game, I find those to be currently the two most interesting World of Darkness settings; with my gentle nod going to werewolf as my top favorite game. It can be creepy, violent, and mystical all at once.

Those familiar with the older game, should know that this is NOT an update of the old game. They bear a similar name, and even some similar mechanics and terms but the games are very different. Suffice to say that the new game focuses not on some great worldwide struggle against an Omni-oppressive entity, but a more focused and territory based game of maintaining the balance between the physical world and the spirit world.

Nature is not your friend, it can be, but often is not. Werewolves are born of two worlds, they can dominate both, but are often rejected from both sides. Too violent and otherworldly to exist in polite human society and hated by spirits for taking up the role as the stewards and hunters of spirits that dare to overstep.

Werewolves are hunters, they are loyal to their pack, without a pack most uratha, their term for werewolf, are lost and weak. The world is dangerous for a young pack, and even more so for a young uratha. There is no grand nation of wolves, but they do have tribes that exist in some form in every location on the globe, even those places where wolves traditionally have not roamed.

I have a few ideas for this game, actually a ton of ideas! I can run chronicles in a foreign city, werewolves in Japan would be fun… I have both Chicago and the Rockies settings as well, and both are excellent works.

Anyway I m just gushing now, hopefully someone, somewhere is interested.

Shayuri

First Post
Hey, I'm interested...but two caveats.

I'm in your Mage game. ;)

And I don't have the Werewolf book. I could probably fake it, but I can't run out and buy it like I did for Mage.

If those things aren't problems, count me in. :)

IcyCool

First Post
I'm potentially interested (had a character in Werewolf:The Apocalypse that I enjoyed a great deal), but don't have the book. I can probably borrow it long enough to make a character though.

Graf

Explorer
I’m actually also interested.

I’ve played more ‘old’ Werewolf than new but I like the new better. The animism is clearer and I’m thrilled that 1) the focus has shifted to a more local area 2) there is a lot more ambiguity about who is good and who is bad 3) deempahsis on a monolithic evil (all-evil-is-the-Wyrm, the-Wyrm-is-all-evil).

Are you thinking of a traditional “young tribe takes (or is given) territory and learns to oversee it” or something else?

I can’t commit to post more than once a day however.

Tokiwong

First Post
Graf

I am just glad to have the interest and once a day is fine, I post alot, but I post at the speed of the players...

Icycool

Sure I would love to have you.

Shayuri

I have no problwm with either caveat... I am glad you are interested.

Graf

Explorer
Cool!
I have a few character concepts I'd love to play but maybe I should hang out for a bit and see what others are interested in.

-if- people aren't as familiar with the rules/system, etc. it might be interesting to start off as 'mortals' and then roleplay some sort of "group first change". Or that could be a bit too artsy.

Is there a minimum number of players you're looking for?

Shalimar

First Post
-if- people aren't as familiar with the rules/system, etc. it might be interesting to start off as 'mortals' and then roleplay some sort of "group first change". Or that could be a bit too artsy.

I really like this option, though there would have to be a reason for all the characters to not be the same auspice.

Remove ads