• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Western RPG Town Supplement (Can anyone give me the name?)

gambler1650

Explorer
So, this is driving me nuts.. About a week ago, I ran across Hackmaster again, and was browsing through KenzerCo's website. There I discovered Aces & Eights. One link led to another, and I did a search on the game rulebooks for A&8, but one of the links I clicked on was for Amazon and it took me to the page for a sourcebook for another western RPG game system. I think it was a D20 version, but from the sounds of it the sourcebook would work for almost any Western RPG as it was mostly not specific to the game it was purportedly designed for.

Can anyone help? I know this is pretty general, but I simply can't seem to find it again (looked at too many things on Amazon, and my browser's history is disabled). Searches along the lines of what I did before don't seem to pick it up again... It is definitely a town setting, and almost definitely for one of the D20 western RPGs.. I think it had a brownish/tannish cover (with some artwork of course).

gambler1650

Explorer
I found the 'Western' section on RPG.net, but couldn't find the supplement.. Maybe I just dreamed it. Sidewinder Recoiled sounds right, but I don't see a supplement for it that looks like what I remember. Very weird...

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I found the 'Western' section on RPG.net, but couldn't find the supplement.. Maybe I just dreamed it. Sidewinder Recoiled sounds right, but I don't see a supplement for it that looks like what I remember. Very weird...
If it was a supplement for Sidewinder: Recoiled, you can find it here. However, if the bookyou are looking for is a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Knuckleduster-Cowtown-Creator-Authentic-Role-Playing/dp/0966704630/ref=pd_sim_b_1"]generic supplement[/ame] then it is probably Cowtowns.

Last edited:

underfoot007ct

First Post
DEVILS GULCH maybe

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Gulch-Roleplaying-Adventures-system/dp/1568823282]Amazon.com: Devil's Gulch: Basic Roleplaying Adventures in the Weird Wild West (Basic Roleplaying system) (9781568823287): Troy Wilhelmson, Andrew Dawson, Thomas Boatwright, Steven Gilberts: Books[/ame]

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Not the one you saw, but if you are looking for a western town you won't find a better source than "BH3: Ballots and Bullets" written for the Boot Hill gaming system back in 1984. It is an excellent well-mapped and detailed town of the ficticious Promise City, Arizona (situated where the Chirachua National Monument is now at). It also includes descriptions for over 200 NPC's and all of the main buildings in town. I have used it for multiple western adventures with a variety of gaming systems.

Remove ads