[WFRP] Through the Drakwald

Renton

First Post
Ragen Schumann, Male Human Initiate of Sigmar

Ragen's heart pounds as the mutant crumples before him, the wave of adrenaline making him lightheaded.

Damn, that was almost fun, he thinks, grinning at the sound of Tobias' praise. The sounds of the watchmen's arrival comes as small comfort, as the last mutant gallops into range.

Enough with the thrilling heroics. Just hold the ground till the pros get here...

(Ragen will fight in a defensive stance -20% to hit.)

Karl Green

First Post
(occ sorry long busy weekend /occ)

Jurgen von Schweitzer (Male Human Hunter)

Jurgen holds his fire with an arrow nocked and ready, focusing on the other side of the bridge to make sure there are not more beasts heading this way...

(occ Perception roll 38%, missing it by 8%, so failed by one degree... /occ)

jglamere

First Post
Still discouraged by the failed attempt of clubbing the young sellsword, the mutant reels from the attempted stab on its stomach, not moving swift enough to counter the soldiers devastating blow to its left arm. The devastating slash gashes deep into the chaos twisted mutant, severing a major artery. The mutant collapses to the stone bridge blood pouring from the ruins of its shoulder dying almost instantaneously from shock and blood loss.

As you regroup, still weary of a second gun blast that never comes; a trio of watchmen along with Captain Schiller arrive to survey the bloody scene.

On behalf of the refugees of Untergard, I thank all three of you for your swift action and level headed response,” announces Captain Schiller. The grizzled veteran then orders one the watchmen to remove the monstrosity’s heads and dangle them from the town gate, as a warning to others.

Renton

First Post
Ragen Schumann, Male Human Intiate of Sigmar.

"All due credit to my friends here, Captain. I was merely lucky to land a solid blow. Now, does anyone require the service of a priest? Healing perhaps, or God forbid, Extreme Unctions?

Catulle

Hero
Tobias (Male Human Soldier)

The taste of bile in his mouth, Tobias spits to the floor as he kneels to wipe his sword clean on the least filthy of the corpses’ clothing before returning it to its worn scabbard. He feels himself gag from the stink as the mutants’ blood soaks through to his knee, reminding himself of how little he’s eaten. And just as well, too. I never could fight on a full stomach without losing it.

“Stinking vermin,” he exclaims as he rises, keeping a wary eye on the ruins on the eastern side of the bridge, “back to whichever pit you came from!” He offers the hunter a weak smile as the watchmen approach and he notices him scanning the far bank. “Thanks. If they’d have got the numbers on us, we’d be dead now.”

He dips his eyes back to the Ackerplatz when Schiller and his men reach the trio, drawing off his gloves to dry his palms and deferring to the aspiring priest mostly through silence as he mulls over the captain’s words. Well, it looked like nobody else was available for the job, not that I’d elect myself for such. Tobias frowns as he considers the matter more, mind you, I wonder why there wasn’t a watch kept on the side the enemy tried to cross from, Captain. Could be we were all but asking for a knife to the back…

Karl Green

First Post
Jurgen von Schweitzer (Male Human Hunter)

Jurgen sighs in relief when he sees the last beastman fall and keeps looking around on the other side of the bridge... just in case. He nods to Captain Schiller comments when the man comes up, and when the soldier Tobias thanks him he shrugs his shoulder and says "Well they be the scum of the World, dat be sure". But despite his words he also grins at the man, happy that the soldier and priest were brave enough to go into melee combat with creatures. He looks over to see if any of his arrows can be salvaged, but is not too interested in digging them out of the spawn’s guts...

jglamere

First Post
While I appreciate your offer of priestly services young Initiate, I think we can leave those duties to Father Dietrich,” states Captain Schiller. As Jurgen moves to retrieve his protruding arrows, the Captain says “leave the stuck filth as they lay young hunter, I will make sure you receive some arrows for your expert marksmanship. It is the least I can do for your assistance in eliminating the corrupt vermin.

A small crowd of townsfolk begin to gather around the bridge and you begin to hear general cries or worry about sniper attacks and about how everyone will be murdered in their beds.

Just as Captain Schiller begins to calm the crowd, a breathless watchman runs up to the Captain with a report that a strong attack was launched on the main warehouse during the confusion. However, the men on guard duty did not abandon their posts during the bridge attack and the warehouse remains secure though several watchmen were killed in the skirmish.

As the Captain hears the grim news of the fallen watchmen and as the surrounding townsolk begin to renew their worries of mutant attacks, you manage to catch him say in a defeated sigh “our forces are spread so thin already.

(OOC: Jurgen can add 10 arrows to his inventory.)

Last edited:

Renton

First Post
Ragen rubs his chin thoughtfully, feeling as exasperated as the Captain sounds.

Father Dietrich, I'd forgotten about him in all the excitement. If the rumours I've heard are true... I really should speak with him.

"Thank you, Captain. Perhaps I should speak with the Father; he may be able to use my help. I am of course at your call should you need me."

Ragen claps Tobias on the shoulder in congratulation of a job well done, nods and smiles warmly at Jurgen, and moves off to find Father Dietrich.

Catulle

Hero
Tobias Kaufmann (Male Human Soldier)

They're on more than one flank, then. Troubling. Tobias' face darkens, one hand massaging the past few days' growth of stubble along his jaw and rising to tease the morbid earring out from under his cap before he speaks up;

"Reckon you'd be well served by a pair of eyes to watch over the bridge." He meets Schiller's gaze only fleetingly, eyes sliding over the townsfolk around the watch captain. Too late to stay beneath his notice now, might as well stop giving him cause for suspicion. "They needn't be a watchman's, though." He clears his throat before continuing, letting the unspoken offer hang in the air. "Otherwise, sir, I've family from Delberz-way over and wondered if there?s been word. I'd like to speak with whoever brought the Graf's news, if they'd still be here or of a mind to talk with me."

Tobias reaches out to touch Ragen's arm in recognition of the initiate's own gesture, "If you've need for more hands at any point, I can stitch and sear where needed. Just send word." Dove's mercy, I can give and take away both...

Last edited:

jglamere

First Post
The gruff veteran looks over Tobias as if evaluating the young soldier’s abilities as the unspoken offer hangs in the air before finally announcing, “I accept your offer of a watch over the bridge young man – Untergard needs all the help it can get right now. However, I believe the runner has already made haste to the next village, but know that though Middenheim still stands, it withstood heavy siege and will take time to restore the great city to its former glory.

As Ragen moves off, there is a sudden shout from the direction of the main gates where many of the townsfolk, including Father Dietrich, have made camp. Fearing yet another attack, the watchmen along with Captain Schiller snatch up there arms and turn to attend to the main gate.

Remove ads