• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What 3rd-level Monsters Need Converting?

the Jester

Legend
What old-edition monsters aren't yet in 4e and ought to be that would convert optimall at about 3rd level?

I'm working on a level-by-level increasing of my monster pallette... the 1st-level monsters are done and moved to 4e fan creations et al. I'm gathering 2nd-level monster suggestions in another thread simultaneously. So, what are some good 3rd-level monsters?

Here's my list so far:

Allip
Ankheg
Ape, Dire Will be listed with other apes on the 2nd level monster list
Bat, Dire
Bear, Brown
Cave Fisher
Cockatrice [might be better off at higher levels]
Firenewt
Giant Strider
Green Visage [this is a homebrewed monster]
Praying Mantis, Giant
Shadow
Shark, Large will be listed with other sharks on 2nd level list
Shocker Lizard
Wasp, Giant
What else can you think of?

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
Problem for me is, looking at the various 2e stuff, I just can't really gauge what the "level appropriateness" of the monsters are.

the Jester

Legend
Rechan said:
Problem for me is, looking at the various 2e stuff, I just can't really gauge what the "level appropriateness" of the monsters are.

Ehh, it's hard to estimate a way to do straight conversions, I'm really improvising. :) I figure, 3-6 HD is a good starting point, though more special abilities prolly means higher level. Look at "Level" for a 1st edition monster and consider the difference in scale (I-X vs. 1-30) and kinda judge like that.

Oooh! Su-monster! ...prolly on my 4th level list (note to self!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads