• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What about D&D 3.75e??

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
BiggusGeekus said:
I'm looking forward to Return of the Son of edition 3.82_b_01_alpha Mark II (modified) Part A

That's the one where we get hit locations, no monks, gnomes are optional, assasins are a core class, and llamas are a paladin's chosen mount.
You sure that is not the 1000000100010000001010101000010000010000100001111101111010010010010010101010010001010001000100100000001000001000000100000000000001100101000010010001000010001000100001000101101010010010111111000000000000111111000010101010100101000001000000111111000100100101010101110011100 version?

or the 999.32.204 version

Ranger REG

Explorer
Turanil said:
Just the leather cover being different is certainly not enough for me to buy the book again. I want everything different, much like when AD&D 2e printing was everything different from the first, yet had the same texts.
As an owner of said leather cover PHB, I can tell you I would not have bought it if they had not include errata correction. Few months before, when they announced the Deluxe PHB will not include correction but will have the same exact text as the 3.5e First Printing, we raise a lot of noise. They listened.

Perhaps later this year they will offer a standard edition PHB Second Printing at the affordable $30 (US) price tag. But if you cannot wait, shop around for better price.

Turanil

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Perhaps later this year they will offer a standard edition PHB Second Printing at the affordable $30 (US) price tag. But if you cannot wait, shop around for better price.
My books are in perfect condition, and I certainly don't need to buy them again, even if they now get corrected. My concern is that I got the impression that when people speak of 4e, they are before all afraid that a new edition of the game would come and render all their material obsolete. Now, it is held for a certainty (whether this be the case or not) that WotC will need to renew his business, and thus have to publish a new edition of the game to get gamers buy books again.

If this is really the case, what I suggest is to rather publish the 3.5 rulebooks with errata, new layout, new art (from different artists) and style, new cover, etc., but this is still 3.5 as we know it (texts are the same except for errata). As far as I am concerned, I will not buy 4e if it is ever published. However, I am willing to buy a second printing of the same rules with a different packaging. Call me a weirdo, but I have almost 50 d20/3.5 books, and this new printing would not make them obsolete, while WotC would again sell books (I suppose there are many people who would think like me).

Li Shenron

Legend
Turanil said:
My concern is that I got the impression that when people speak of 4e, they are before all afraid that a new edition of the game would come and render all their material obsolete. Now, it is held for a certainty (whether this be the case or not) that WotC will need to renew his business, and thus have to publish a new edition of the game to get gamers buy books again.

Usually i have another feeling, that lots of gamers don't want a new edition outright, but another revision which incorporates -just- their favourite house rules (including some which go back to 3.0 version of things), so that their version of the game becomes the official one.

A lost hope of course :p since there will -always- be something for each of us not to like in any possible edition.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I think this is a fine idea. I would purchase an errata-updated set of Core books with new art, although I think my ulterior motive would be to stave off 4th Edition just that little bit longer.

drothgery

First Post
Turanil said:
In fact, my own suggestion is this one: if WotC has to sell more books, why not just make a second printing of the exact same 3.5 rules, just changing art and layout. I mean, exactly as was the case when the 2nd edition AD&D books were printed a second time with the black cover hardbacks. In fact I did buy all of them, although all my first printing books were in excellent condition. So, I guess that if WotC would make a second printing of the same 3.5 rules with new layout, new art, and new type of cover, many people would buy them, yet they wouldn't anger anyone with rendering their collections "obsolete".

I've been calling 3.5e + errata + new artwork "3.51e" for a while; I was kind of hoping it would catch on (with 3.75e reserved for 3.0->3.5-esque changes to 3.5).

Abstraction

First Post
I am one of the few (currently) on these boards who would welcome 4E, but that is because I have bought very few books. Not that hard to buy new core books when you spend less than $100 a year in gaming. Short of that, I would very happily buy 2 new PHB with errata, don't care if they change the art one way or the other. Possibly even 1 each of the errata'd DMG and MMI.

Oberton

First Post
Considering how other publishers renew their content almost every year, Gamesworkshop for instance, I can't fault Wizards for putting out a new version every few years. Hell, I am in the computer industry and have to deal with new versions of software, hardware, protocols and other misc. crap almost on a monthly cycle... Consider yourselves lucky... ;)

Would I purchase a new version, sure I would... I want my hobby to survive and usually they have done an excellent job in cleaning up the rules and making things work well.

What I am not crazy about is purchasing new versions of CAMPAIGN WORLD CONTENT... No, just give me Farland or some other online world and I am happy..

Turanil

First Post
Oberton said:
Considering how other publishers renew their content almost every year, Gamesworkshop for instance.
Gamesworkshop also sells minis at a prohibitive price (reason for which I never buy them). Gamesworkshop is really here to sucks your money however they can IMO.

Oberton said:
Would I purchase a new version, sure I would... I want my hobby to survive and usually they have done an excellent job in cleaning up the rules and making things work well.

What I am not crazy about is purchasing new versions of CAMPAIGN WORLD CONTENT... No, just give me Farland or some other online world and I am happy.
Abstraction said:
I am one of the few (currently) on these boards who would welcome 4E, but that is because I have bought very few books. Not that hard to buy new core books when you spend less than $100 a year in gaming. Short of that, I would very happily buy 2 new PHB with errata, don't care if they change the art one way or the other. Possibly even 1 each of the errata'd DMG and MMI.
I think I do read in these two opinions seemingly contradictory to mine, in fact a confirmation of my suggestion. In selling a new printing of 3.5 with different art-layout-etc. but same text, they certainly make the hobby survive. I believe many people would be willing to buy them because of the collector buying-impulse, need to have books in good condition, etc., and at the same time a purchase that doesn't invalidate all the precedent purchases (which for some people make a LOT of books).

Remove ads