What are the best Goodman Dungeon Crawl Classics?

Noumenon

First Post
Thanks for the positive feedback, here's the results including this thread so far.

11:
34 cage of delirium (haunted house)

8:
29 adventure begins (1st level adventures anthology)
5 aerie of the crow god

5:
crypt of the devil lich
50 vault of the iron overlord
adventure continues (anthology)

4:
51 castle whiterock (huge megadungeon) (includes monte cook's recommendation)

3:
11 dragon fiend pact
Anything by the author Harley Stroh
17 legacy of the savage kings

2:
sunken ziggurat (unique monsters)
31 transmuter's last touch
talons of the horned king (scifi),
51.5 Sinister secret of whiterock
0 legends are made not born
15 lost tomb of the sphinx queen (boss battles)
idylls of the rat king
vault of the dragon kings
38 escape from the forest of lanterns

1:
revenge of the rat king
palace in the wastes
chronicle of the fiend
halls of the minotaur
secret of smuggler's cove
16 curse of the emerald cobra
12 the blackguard's revenge
12.5 iron crypt of the heretics
DCC 44 Dreaming Caverns of the Duergar (1-3)
DCC 46 The Scaly God (4-6)
10 The Sunless Garden (6-8)
mysterious tower (puzzles) (two positive, one negative)

-1:
bloody jack's gold (one positive, two negative)
legend of the ripper (one negative)

Ghostwind

First Post
I just bought:

DCC #34 Cage of Delirium (have it in print but wanted it in pdf too)
DCC #20 Shadows in Freeport
DCC #51 Castle Whiterock (have it in print but wanted it in pdf too)
DCC #30 Vault of the Dragon Kings
DCC #35 Gazetteer of the Known Realms (have it in print but wanted it in pdf too)
DCC #21 Assault on Stormbringer Castle
DCC #22 The Stormbringer Juggernaut
DCC #29 The Adventure Begins
DCC #48 The Adventure Continues

Holy Bovine

First Post
Ok - I've now got every single DCC adventure in pdf (me :heart: Xmas money!) so I have a specific question - are there any adventures that revolve around the PCs traveling? My group is going on a 4 week overland journey to the Grand Bazaar delivering a McGuffin there. I want to spice up the journey with some DCCs so I'm hoping you guys who have read tons of them can help me out! I just need something that gives the PCs an incentive to investigate a given locale or track down a certain item/person etc. Thanks in advance!

I didn't quite get them all but I did get about 30 or so of them (including Castle Whiterock and the Gazetteer of the Known Realms), plus all the PDF's in the XCrawl range. They'll keep me busy for a very long time.

Olaf the Stout

My monthly check came in today, so what I don't have in print, I now have in PDF, or both.:D

I got the Gazetteer and "The Adventure Begins" in PDF, even though I already had them in print. For an extra $7, I figured the extra utility was still more than worth it.

The Gazetteer sure did use up my downloads though. That sucker came in at almost 400 meg! Castle Whiterock was over 100 meg as well. I still haven't downloaded about 30 of the DCC's I bought yet.

Olaf the Stout

Noumenon

First Post
Reviews of the Dungeon Crawl Classics

For anyone who read this thread and bought some of Goodman Games' Dungeon Crawl Classics in their $2 sale, I found a place to check out what was worth it. demiurge1138 is reviewing all of the DCCs at RPG.net. He hasn't finished them all yet, but he has done all the individual ones in compilations "The Adventure Begins" and "The Adventure Continues," which I bought based on the recommendations here.

They're not in order, so possibly the best way to check out the one you're considering is to alter this Google search.

I found the thread by googling "Tower of the Black Pearl survive" when I read the adventure and couldn't imagine living through the 25 tiny vipers. After reading demiurge's review, I switched to "Lair of the White Salamander" and had one of the best sessions I've ever run. Definitely a good resource for warning you when modules just don't make sense ahead of time.

Filcher

First Post
I found the thread by googling "Tower of the Black Pearl survive" when I read the adventure and couldn't imagine living through the 25 tiny vipers..

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to fight them. That's the point. Finding creative solutions to something that would otherwise kill you.

Remove ads