• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What are the best "undead" modules?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
You probably have your own conception of a ghost hunter type PC, but if you're not locked into a specific class, I would recommend Purple Duck Games Legendary Classes: Covenant Magic for the medium, an awesome custom class that would really work well with spirit type undead - as a ghost hunter class. Although I have no connections to the product nor publisher, I've been seriously thinking of adapting the medium class to represent the mikko shrine maiden of Kaidan.

If you already have #30 Haunts for Kaidan, then you already have a great tool to adapt haunts to adventures with ready-made backstories for each of the 30 haunts included. In which case it might be advantageous to get a hold of the other #30 Haunts guides from Rite Publishing, including: #30 Haunts for Houses, #30 Haunts for Ship and Shore, and #30 Haunts for Objects. Though these guides lack the back story info included with #30 Haunts for Kaidan. Instead of looking at #30 Haunts for Kaidan as niche, I think the fluff is very easy to change (remove the kimono and put on a tunic) to fit a Euro-centric environment.

N'raac

First Post
I second Haunting of Harrowstone...as an added bonus, it's a starting module (to an AP, but you can ignore the rest of the AP), so L1.

I'll 3rd Haunting of Harrowstone. It's one of the best low level modules I've ever run - undead or no undead. My group still talks about Harrowstone Prison and it's been a couple years since we played it.

Do you care if they involved a large number of undead that would make things difficult for a single player (ghoul paralysis, mummy paralyzing fear, level drain, etc)?

And do you mind if they're part of a loosely aligned series of modules (in that they follow each other chronically and related storywise, but can also be run independently/standalone)?

If you didn't mind either of these, then I might suggest a couple of paizo 3.5 era modules: Hungry are the Dead and Revenge of the Kobold King. They're part of the Falcon's Hollow series of modules (along with Hollow's Last Hope and Crown of the Kobold King, which are all directly related to each other, and sometimes included with them is Carnival of Fear. However these latter three modules don't heavily involve undead).

We have stuff to deal with solo characters dealing with that stuff. And we actually have done the Crown/Revenge of the Kobold King for another character. Thanks for the suggestions.

Haunting of Harrowstone
It should work quite well without the rest of the AP

I second Haunting of Harrowstone...as an added bonus, it's a starting module (to an AP, but you can ignore the rest of the AP), so L1.

I'll 3rd Haunting of Harrowstone. It's one of the best low level modules I've ever run - undead or no undead. My group still talks about Harrowstone Prison and it's been a couple years since we played it.

Well I think I know which module I will start with.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Remove ads