What are you reading? (August 2017)

I figure that if I did the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, I can do the Wheel of Time. The first time I tried, the series was yet-unfinished and still going, and I didn’t want too many of those at one time.

But I’m sure I will need some palate cleanser books in there to spice things up.

When they were coming out I had read up to 7 or 8, occasionally re-reading everything up to the newest book. But the later books seemed to bog down and I fell behind, and then he died.

With the news of Sanderson I waited for that book, which eventually became three, to be out, then bought all the rest and read them all from start to finish.

It was a large undertaking. That's a lot of pages to be in a world. I ended up reading other books at the same time. I don't want to color your perceptions beyond that, which should be evident that it's long. :)

Richards

Legend
I finished Mind Catcher - not recommended. Now I'm reading Quantum Night by Robert J. Sawyer, and it's been a great read thus far. (I'm about halfway through it.) It deals with scientific ways of determining psychopathy/sociopathy, tied into the main character who's missing half a year of memories.

Johnathan

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Finished The Fuller's Apprentice. Good light fantasy. Predictable and comfortable in spots, but well imagined. I would recommend it, especially for the Kindle price.

Remove ads