• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are you reading? (August 2017)

I figure that if I did the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, I can do the Wheel of Time. The first time I tried, the series was yet-unfinished and still going, and I didn’t want too many of those at one time.

But I’m sure I will need some palate cleanser books in there to spice things up.

When they were coming out I had read up to 7 or 8, occasionally re-reading everything up to the newest book. But the later books seemed to bog down and I fell behind, and then he died.

With the news of Sanderson I waited for that book, which eventually became three, to be out, then bought all the rest and read them all from start to finish.

It was a large undertaking. That's a lot of pages to be in a world. I ended up reading other books at the same time. I don't want to color your perceptions beyond that, which should be evident that it's long. :)

Richards

Legend
I finished Mind Catcher - not recommended. Now I'm reading Quantum Night by Robert J. Sawyer, and it's been a great read thus far. (I'm about halfway through it.) It deals with scientific ways of determining psychopathy/sociopathy, tied into the main character who's missing half a year of memories.

Johnathan

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Finished The Fuller's Apprentice. Good light fantasy. Predictable and comfortable in spots, but well imagined. I would recommend it, especially for the Kindle price.

Remove ads