• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are you reading (Feb 08)?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Banshee16 said:
I just finished Midnight Tides, and am working on Shadow Games, by Glen Cook.

Banshee

So how did you like it?

I am working on it...slowly. I liked Trull Sengar from the prior books, so I am happy to see him. But, still, I am struggling to get into the book (which is typical for me with Erikson).

Mallus

Legend
Mistwell said:
I liked Trull Sengar from the prior books, so I am happy to see him. But, still, I am struggling to get into the book (which is typical for me with Erikson).
How do you like Tehol and Bugg?

Shag

Explorer
Readin the Night Watch series by Sergei Lukyanenko, I was really surprised how good it is, and by page 88 was amazed that white wolf hadn't bought the rights to the series. :)

The movies based on the book are pretty bad though, especially compared to the books.

Tolen Mar

First Post
We (my wife and I) just tried to watch Night Watch. We didn't make it more than halfway through. It looked like it was a solid concept, but we just couldn't understand most of the dialogue. It seemed like they spent most of the time either whispering or with way too much echo for us to understand it.

It looked cool though.

Maybe I'll look around for the books.

Chaldfont

First Post
If you like Mike Mignola's Hellboy, you'll like his new book Baltimore, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire. He and Christopher Golden wrote it. I don't know which had a greater hand in the writing, but it really captures the feel of Mignola's art. The many illustrations don't hurt either. I started this book yesterday and I'll probably finish it today--it's just that good.

KaosDevice

Explorer
I just finished '99 Coffins' by david Wellington and enjoyed it. A worthy follow up to '13 Bullets'. I am still working my way through the 'High Seas Cthulhu' collection which has been mixed but occasionally great.

Jakar

First Post
I picked up the new Culture book by Iain M Banks today called "Matter". I am just about to have tea and then sit down for a Friday night of reading and music.

Remove ads