What are YOUR Favorite Items (and edition of each item)?

Janaxstrus

First Post
Dagger. Every edition. Such a versatile weapon. Short/light so you can wield them while grappling. Good for dual wielding. Can be thrown. Easy to hide. Cheap and easily replaceable. Can carry lots of them at once. Fair amount of uses as a non-combat tool. Stylish.

Favorite versions of it would probably be RC with weapon mastery, and 4th edition on a rogue.

Daggers are awesome...my current rogue has 9 of them...and 3 Kukris.
For some reason the AP we are on has a fondness for both Kukris and Daggers, and no one else can/will use them. Once we get out of the dungeon, I'll sell some stuff, but for now I'm carrying...

4 MW Silver Daggers
4 MW Daggers
1 +1 Undead Bane Dagger
2 +1 Kukris
1 +1 Shocking Ki Focus Kukri

My favorite items?
Wand of Wonder
Bullseye Armor (2e, may have the name wrong, but it attracts arrows, and was "cursed")
Deck of Many Things
Frost Brand
Flame Tongue

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I always liked the staff of healing from the BECM game, as well as the humble potion of gaseous form. Oh, and the ring of shooting stars. And the finger nail. And the crystal ball with ESP. And the staff of power. And...and why did I ever stop playing that game?! :)

Good call on the Staff of healing. Forgot about that one! I'd take one of the boots out and add that into my list of top 10. Also, verrry handy to allow the cleric character to be able to memorize more than just any possible heal spell they had access to.

Was in a group where the mage (we called 'em "magic-users" back then ;P ) had a ring of SS. The player LOVED it and used the bloody thing well before the Big Bad we could have (and DM thought we would, use it against!)

Crystal Ball...of any variety, classic. We thought it kinda stupid that you could see people and not hear them, so all CBs in our old group were automatic clairaudience. The ESP one was the "big prize" to find. And the Staff of Power, I believe made my top ten list. So on the same page there.

To add a few more "favorites"...as many have said, the Deck of Many Things, iconic to D&D. The Wand of Orcus, iconic to D&D. Frost Brand, another personal fave and, I think, iconic.

I'd add in there a Deck of Illusions since I saw that used to great story use and combat advantage once upon a time (the player basically modeled their illusionist "witchy style" PC after "Tarot" from the Hellions, "Mirage" of the [then] "New" Mutants of the X-Men comics and "Talisman" from Alpha Flight. She was awesome!).

Hells, we could go on for pages and pages of thread with all of the magic items that have been/make/enhance the feel of D&D.

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
I love Gloves of Storing. You can go into a fight 'unarmed' and then HAH looks like I've got a flaming sword. I've adapted various versions of them to allow for multiple daggers to be drawn, weapons to be swapped in and out at the same time and so on. I always liked the idea of multiple storage spaces that you have to use the right gesture to activate.

Remove ads