• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are Your Favorite Out of Print RPGs?

Stormonu

Legend
WEG Star Wars R&E
D&D 3.5E
Alternity
7th Sea
Vampire: the Masquade 2E
Fading Suns
Space: 1889 (Though I think that is coming back into print again)
Twilight 2000

I prefer flavor of the oWoD Werewolf to the new, though I never got to play the old version.

Also, I had and couldn't stand the FASA version of Star Trek (the ship battles was good, but the RPG stank and was flat wrong referencing the series in several areas). Much preferred the Last Unicorn/Decipher Star Trek.

innerdude

Legend
I really, really miss Top Secret / S.I.

It was the first system that really got me thinking about the mechanics of roleplaying.

The way the combat system worked was, well, a little bit too simplistic (and deadly), but overall loved the system, and the fluff elements.

Dice4Hire

First Post
For me:

Deadlands (The original version, don't like the newer ones)
M&M (2nd is out of print now or soon will be.)
Villains and Vigilantes
DC Heroes.

I never played a lot of the games, but I have fond memories of most of th ones I played in high school and university.

Jasperak

Adventurer
Gotta chime in with a couple:

TSR D&D (Any and all)
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (1e or 2e)
Gamma World (The one with the haut chick in leather on the front)
Car Wars

And I am going to add a few boardgames:
Dungeon
Hero Quest
Battle Masters

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Amber Diceless RPG.
HoL. :angel:

Man, I forgot about FASA Star Trek RPG! We loved that game!

I actually just got a great condition full copy of the FASA Star Trek box set on EBAY ... boy, did looking through it bring back great memories!
Approximately how much is that going for on eBay these days?

coyote6

Adventurer
I'd go with M&M 2e, since it's OOP or nearly so.
Twilight: 2000 was a favorite back in the day.
Previous versions of Hero, especially Champions 2e & 3e.
GURPS 3e.
Gamma World, even though we never got to play it long-term.

As I've been packing for the last forever, I have seen many of these recently. :)

Agamon

Adventurer
Amber
7th Sea
Marvel Super Heroes
WEG Star Wars
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Top Secret
DC Heroes
Agone

and I guess M&M 2e is pretty much OOP now.

TheNovaLord

First Post
dragonquest 2nd ed. may fav crunchy system, and still play occassionally

victorian adventure. all the modern victorian stuff has too much fantasy in it

chill 1st edition. wish i could find my box set for this

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
My all-time favorite OOP RPGs are

AD&D 2nd Edition - I've re-read this recently, and it's not nearly as arcane and confusing as I remember it being back when I was actively playing 3.X. I would play this again, if I could find the players. It had much better electronic tools than 3.X did, too. Bonus!

WEG Star Wars, Revised & Expanded - As I've not yet played Star Wars Saga edition, I feel this is the best version of a Star Wars RPG out there. My opinion might change once I run a Saga edition campaign, but I've always preferred this to the d20 version.

Star Frontiers - I've only played this twice, but I loved it both times. I finally acquired a copy of it last year after having downloaded the updated PDF version from Starfrontiersman (or where ever it's available). It's a good option if you don't want Star Wars in your space opera.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads