What are your 'must have' Discliplines for a Mystic?

Harrumphreys

First Post
Hello all. The most recent iteration of the Mystic class has a staggering amount of options available to it, which are not limited by particular Mystic Order. This means that by level 6-8, two Mystic characters that started out dedicated to two different Orders may well have some Discipline overlap due to the sheer utility or strength of certain Disciplines.

What Disciplines would you consider as 'must haves' by level 8?

For me, I'm not too sure.

Order of the Avatar
-Mantle of Command
-Mantle of Joy
-Nomadic Chameleon
-Telepathic Contact
-Psionic Restoration
-Psionic Assault

The two Mantles seem the strongest for my playstyle and I am obliged to elect two from Order of the Avatar at character creation. Nomadic Chameleon seems strong if I can get Stealth proficiency from a Background, and a good chance to avoid deadly encounters so that my Mystic will live to see higher levels. Telepathic Contact seems amazing for manipulating people, which to my mind has the greatest payback when spending Psi Points as you multiply your investment by making your enemy spend theirs and may allow you to 'punch above your weight' (e.g Occluded Mind on that enemy Ogre to convince him that the Goblins that he is sharing his campfire with intend to rob him as soon as his back is turned, so he decides to wallop them all). Psionic Restoration is grabbed just in time for Avatar of Healing synergy, and Psionic Assault finally grants some powerful combat options when your Mystic has the Psi Points to fuel it.

What are your 'must have' Disciplines?

Last edited:

neogod22

Explorer
The only "must have" discipline for me is Psionic Restoration, only because it is so beast. I mean they can be the best healer in the game.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

neogod22

Explorer
Hell, it only takes 1 action to create an air Elemental. The spell has a 1min. casting time.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Remove ads