• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What are your (up to) three favorite character classes?

What are your (up to) three favorite character classes?

• Artificer

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Bard

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Cleric

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Druid

• Fighter

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Monk

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Ranger

• Rogue

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Warlock

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Wizard

Votes: 32 34.4%

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
The voting bears out my longtime contention that clerics should just be "god warlocks".
In D&D, the difference between Celestial, Fiend, Fey, Aberration, etcetera, is creature type.

Merging Warlock and Cleric would emphasize that player decides what relationship the character has to an otherworldly creature, if any.

It would also make the Warlock clearer. Currently, its class concept is a jumble of Sorcerer (transformation), Wizard (study), and Cleric (service) concepts.

Weiley31

Legend
Well I love the Patron aspect of the Warlock so that class is a giving. The Fighter Battle Master is pretty fun and amazingly, somehow, I have three Barbarian characters split between three other different campaigns. Which is the only class I have, so far, that is in a set of multiples. Which kinda shocked me. Granted they are all Ancestral Guardian subclasses, but still.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Is there any special might to be invoked here ? ;)
hmmm... let's see...

Ranger: Fear my specialized damage-dealing might! Quake before my infallible wilderness prowess and hunter's skills honed from the very stone of years of recurring battle and hard-learned lore.
<cue thunder. lightning. howling winds.>...all of which I know how to avoid with a successful Survival check, heavily bonused in my favored terrain. ;)

Stormonu

Legend
Paladin, Bard, Warlock.

I like Paladins for the RP aspect, I like the ideal of a champion of good. In game, smiting feels fun to lay down a gobsmack of damage.

Bards are great 5th man additions to the group, and their jack-of-all trades aspect gives a nice variety of options at your fingertips.

Warlocks are fun, simple spellcasters, and the “bad boy” aspect of the class is sometimes fun to play.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads