• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are your views of D6?

Dan R.Stevenson

First Post
I am currently putting together several roleplaying games and I have chosen to use the D6 game system. What I am looking for are other gamers views of the system and its viability as a game system.

Thanee

First Post
It's a decent system. Not without flaws, but it has some neat ideas, like the wild die thing, and it works well enough. Does not need a truckload of books, too, which is always a bonus. :)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
WEG, what they used in Star Wars, basically. The stripped down system was available as the d6 system later.

Bye
Thanee

Kanegrundar

Explorer
It's alright, but not great IMO. It suffers from the bucket o' dice syndrome, which can take a lot of time if a player isn't quick with addition. Beyond that, it has some neat ideas, but IMO there are better systems out there.

Kane

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I always liked it, though it had problems.

I never had a problem with rolling tons of dice. Yeah, it slows the roll down, but the rest of the system is fast enough so that doesn't matter. Plus, when ever you do something important that you're good at you roll lots of dice, which is kind of fun.

Star Wars d6 was my first RPG, so the system will always have a special place for me. Of course, I haven't played it in years, and probably wouldn't unless it was the only option left. I really don't like having to use all those dice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads