• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What beasties are in WFRP Bestiary?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Neo said:
WHAT! no Jabberwock... awwwwww :\ What about the primitive zoat and slaan incarnations..none of them either <sob> :D
I can only imagine the Jabber will be in some module and I think you can find a conversion on the net. Slaan, maybe in the New World Bestiary (if they have it).

Neo

Explorer
Kax Tuglebend said:
ooo! are they the short Assyrians with Blunderbusses type Chaos Dwarves, or the newer Kyton wannabe ones?

oh and snotlings are lesser lesser goblins: goblins, but only 1' tall

Nothing "lesser" about snotlings.. they were the original master race of goblinoids after all hehe

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Kax Tuglebend said:
ooo! are they the short Assyrians with Blunderbusses type Chaos Dwarves, or the newer Kyton wannabe ones?

oh and snotlings are lesser lesser goblins: goblins, but only 1' tall
short Assyrians with Blunderbusses type is how I picture them

rbingham2000

Explorer
I snagged the WFRP Corebook and Bestiary at Barnes and Noble (along with a few books on screenwriting).

I love the way that the monster book is laid out, showing the common view, the scholarly view, and sometimes the monster's own viewpoint on things, which is a nice touch.

Also cool was the Slaughter Rating, using an average Imperial soldier as the measuring stick for just how tough the monsters can get. The Skaven, for example, are among the wussiest critters in the game (which would be why they stick with numbers and nasty tactics in order to win out against your average Imperial soldiers). But a Dragon is on the Impossible end of the Slaughter Rating scale, meaning that it's NOT a beast to mess with -- and if one of you has the misfortune to piss one off, Shallya help you all.

And I am SERIOUSLY diggin' the Elven Corsairs. These guys are ruthless as all hell, they look seriously badass in their full outfits, and I guarantee you that you won't be thinking of Tolkien when they arrive on the scene. If you ever need an example of Lawful Evil elves, these guys fit the bill.

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I thought it interesting that for vampires that the book did not state how to kill them, making it open ended for the DM in how to run them. Yes, they are tough and can take a lot of damage but they also can clean the floor with characters but the book allows the DM to decide how to run them, so, if a DM wanted to use the vampires from Buffy he can. ;)

Tharen the Damned

First Post
Snotlings!

Any rules for Snotball (or whatever they called the football game with the snotling as a ball in Middenheim?

Anyone ever played Blood Bowl? Ever have your ogre blitzer throw the Snotling holding the Ball?

Ever have your Trollslayer wade through dozens upon dozen of the little ones. That is what call carnage...

You just have to love the little buggers!

drakhe

First Post
Snotlings AAAAAAAAAAAGH

Tharen the Damned said:
Snotlings!
Any rules for Snotball (or whatever they called the football game with the snotling as a ball in Middenheim?
Anyone ever played Blood Bowl? Ever have your ogre blitzer throw the Snotling holding the Ball?
Ever have your Trollslayer wade through dozens upon dozen of the little ones. That is what call carnage...
You just have to love the little buggers!
I once had a black-orc killed by snotlings in a bloodbowl game. A succesfull foul attempted by one snotling with seven assists.... messy little runts... :mad:

Excelent game that, Bloodbowl, sure brings back memories!

Drakhe

John Morrow

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
I thought it interesting that for vampires that the book did not state how to kill them, making it open ended for the DM in how to run them. Yes, they are tough and can take a lot of damage but they also can clean the floor with characters but the book allows the DM to decide how to run them, so, if a DM wanted to use the vampires from Buffy he can. ;)

I ran a vampire PC game in the first edition over a decade ago, using the rules in the book (where a vampire needed blood to wake up every morning). Snotlings have another use. With their 1 point, they were like blood shots for a vampire.

FYI, the first edition vampire had a Move of 1 in bat form. When one of the people playing a vampire turned into a bat and saw the move, he said, "So what am I? One of those big Bella Legosi bats?" and started flapping his arms up and down with a jerky motion like one of those cheesy fake bats from the old black and white Dracula movies.

Remove ads