• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What books/devices do you take to GM your Pathfinder sessions?

Which physical items do you take to GM your Pathfinder sessions?

• Core Rulebook

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • GM Screen

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Bestiary 1 book

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Bestiary 2 book

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Bestiary 3 book

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Advanced Player's Guide book

• Advanced Race Guide book

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Game Mastery Guide book

• Ultimate Combat book

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Ultimate Magic book

• Ultimate Equipment book

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Ultimate Campaign book

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • NPC Codex book

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Mythic Adventures book

• Metal Miniatures

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Plastic Miniatures

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Cardboard Pawns

• Battle mat

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Desktop Computer

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Laptop/Netbook Computer

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • iPad/Tablet

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • eBook reader

• Other

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

brvheart

Explorer
I quit being portable sometime back in 1E when I couldn't bring what I needed in 2 boxes. After that we started running games at our house. Several small fortunes later....

Starfox

Hero
I love the d20pfsrd.com and use it almost exclusively as the in-game reference for Pathfinder. Basically no books on the table except the scenario - which I much prefer to have in print but have used PDFs of. I almost exclusively play at my house and have a wall full of rules books but rarely use those in play. For Pathfinder, I actually only own a few of the books, the SRD is a much better source than the books. In my homebrew games the rules are also online, but I prefer to prepare "monster" stats with a pen on regular printer paper. Now if I only would computerize those old notes, my game would have a bestiary too!

I use a big 22" roll printer to make paper maps on which we use metal and plastic minis. Was looking at table surface screens a few years back, but they were then still too expensive, and I was not sure if a flatscreen TV would work lying down.

Ramaster

Adventurer
I DM, so usually I carry a lot of books around.

Core Rulebook
DMG Guide (for its useful random tables).
Bestiary 1, 2 and 3 plus two copies of the NPC codex (great book for improvising).
Ultimate equipment (for rewards).

I also make extensive use of the SRD and have my tablet and notebook near, just in case.

dmfubar

First Post
I have all of the rule books on pdf loaded on my tablet and use my laptop for Herolab/tactical console. Add in two ammo boxes of miniatures and a presentation sized pad of graph paper and that's it. Makes for a light load to carry to the games which are held at a central location for the party.

Libertad

Hero
I have the Corebook and can access the PSRD on my laptop; I also have a dice roller in my Smartphone. I can go entirely digital if necessary.

We play at my place and I'm the GM so we have everything. (My collection is disgusting in size.)

Otherwise it's just core book, and my iPad with most of the other books on it.

Kinak

First Post
Hmm. Only 34 responses - a low number of PF GMs here, or general disinterest?
I'm not sure people necessarily know how to answer.

For example, I run games in my living room. I pace along a short path while I GM that passes in front of an entire collection of Pathfinder books. But during games, I never look at any rule books and only pull out Bestiaries if I need to show someone art. There's a Gaming Paper map on the table with a hodgepodge of metal minis, plastic minis, paper tokens, and paper tokens taped to templates made out of book-binding materials. The only book on my GM stand is the Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition. If I reference rules, I use a browser on my iPhone.

I answered with the things we actually use or could snatch off the shelf during my pacing. But I'm not sure if that's really comparable to the way other people are answering. If I was traveling to someone else's house, I'd bring my phone, the AP, and encounter notes with tokens attached by paperclips.

Cheers!
Kinak

Remove ads