• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What class is your villian?

S'mon

Legend
(Tallarn) "Well, as a player, our current unsolved BBEG's include:"

A CR20 Half-Fiend

- Primarily a Fighter, with some other powers.

A CR18 Lich

-Wizard. Barely an enemy though, he could have killed you if he's wanted to!

A Demoness of some description

-Tracassa the Daemoness, powers largely unknown :D

The Overking of the Largest City in the world

- Fighter, basically

His chief Magistrate

- powers unknown (but mostly political)

The Warlord of Mount Fire

Warmaster Kung, primarily a Fighter with some other powers.

The Evil Monk who betrayed her Sisters

- I think you mean Ling-Wa, an ultra-powerful Sorceress with some other powers.

& You left out Evander, a moderately powerful Wizard & summoner of the Iron Devil. You also left out the Archpriest of Ksarul (Cleric).

"We have a talent for writing good character backgrounds, and making powerful enemies."

This is very true. It seems surprisingly difficult in 3e to actually finish off the major BBEGs. :)

Lela

First Post
We're 16th right now and, after vanquishing quite a few BBEGs (noticibly of the Melee combat type), the party is planning to head after Hextor.

That is, after they deal with the Paladin's wife (also a Paladin) turned Vampire. That should be a good one.

Black Omega

First Post
Most enduring villain has been Taka, sneaky bad guy with a bow and ring of invisibility and a tendency to use cover, traps and over devious tactics whenever possible. He's fought the group four times so far and escaped each time. Not bad for a basic rogue/fighter/ninja type.

Ide Tadaji, a high level courtier, has caused the group a little trouble and gotten the blame for stuff he had nothing to do with, the joys of being known to be subtle. This is more of a one sided feud though. One of my players "I hate him and I am planning revenge!" Ide Tadaji "Um..have we met? No, let me think...oh yes. I remember you now. Barely."

I like to mix in various types of villains. Monks, Shugenja, Samurai. And a good number of ninja, though the best of them the party don't even know are their enemies yet.:)

Kapten

First Post
My big villains is a necromancer that is a count, his lord (in a feudal sense) that is a duke (fighter/aristocrat) and the necromancers henchmen, a merchant (rogue with a social focus and no sneak attack) and a fighter/rogue- kind of class that I made up myself (bounty hunter).

The duke and the necromancer are very well protected by their forces and social influence, and the henchmen protects themselves by being cunning.

Iscariot

First Post
My main villians right now are Celestials who have been seduced to the dark weave (Forgotten Realms). They are devout followers of Shar, known as the Shadow Throne. The party has not met most of them, but they have divined they are led by a Solar named Andras who fell from grace and now serves darkness as he once did light. He is, of course, served by the usual retinue of celestial servants: ghaeles, devas, etc...but evil, dark versions.

All the party has encountered so far are agents and members of this dark cult, one of whom is an ex-party member, a bard/sorceror. Also joining him is the fighter son of one of the characters. It's a somewhat dark game, dealing with fallen grace and betrayal and so on, but it's been fun.

They also managed to piss off a lich in the past two sessions. A formerly good war-wizard of Cormyr who went insane after the death of the peasant girl he fell in love with. He achieved lichdom and has a vampire consort that he created because she is a dead-righer for the dead peasant girl. Kind of a sad villian...in an insane, blow you up, sorta way. lol

Pants

First Post
Currently my party is dealing with many villains. They just can't stop pissing off powerful people *sigh*

Here they are:
Eltian - Elven Wizard turned Lichlord of the North (the funny thing is, they unwittingly helped him become a Lich. Good times.)
Karloth - Human Fighter turned Deathknight (the party killed him quite some time ago in a climactic battle, he was however, the focus of an entire plot arc)
The Sword of Summerfall - Human Fighter/Rogue/Assassin (the party also killed him quite some time ago. He was the best recurring villain EVER! He also liked Beads of Force)
Kurtulumas - Human Necromancer and right hand of Eltian (When you try to kill someone, make sure that you actually kill them!)
The Calastias - A family of powerful Vampires, the last in existence, who were a bit p-ed off when the party killed one of its members.
Malavan - Human Aristocrat/Expert/Rogue - Has been running a trade in cheap, mass produced magic weapons that cause the wielder to go berserk. The party hasn't met him yet, but his demonic minions have been making life hell for them.

So, I pretty much use any class as villains, although I gravitate more towards spellcasters.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads