• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What class is your villian?

Henry

Autoexreginated
I prefer clerics of evil gods.

(1) fanatics to their cause.

(2) They can resurrect useful henchmen. My favorite plan is the cleric whose underling ingratiates himself into the party, then the party finds out about him, kills him, discards him -- and then the cleric digs him up and resurrects him to get the personal info back out of him. :)

(3) Clerics have some of the most powerful defensive spells of all time - useful for prolonging fights, for warding secret lairs, and making PC's lives sheer hell.

(4) clerics have built-in revenge capability, through the god that they support.

That's why they are my favorites.

Demons. Lackeys of the demons come in all stripes, though, so I've got spellcasters, fighters, assassins and politicians all serving as antagonists for the PCs. That's what I've done in the past anyway.

Psion

Adventurer
BardStephenFox said:
I was just reading through MojoDM's thread about how your villians escape and it got me thinking ...

What class is your villian?

Do you prefer spell-casters? What about fighters? Rogues?

Generally, I use and abuse spellcasters (arcane or psionic, usually). One offscreen villain/mastermind in my last game was a high level drow cleric that the party was never able to grapple with. A few blackguard/unholy warrior/dark knight types.

I think right now, my only neglected archetype for villains are politios and rogues/assassin type.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
The "big" villians in my campaign:

Dispater
A green dracolich
Lolth (pre- War of the Spider Queen)
Szass Tam

I like my big villians really big. ;)

Garmorn

Explorer
My current big bad guy is a fighter 10/Campion of the Dead 10. With all the undead he can command taking him will be a big job. But the real one they are going to have to fight is a 25th lvl druid/10 level blighter (sp?).
The Campion of the dead is from AEG's undead book, and is a fighter type that commands undead hordes on behave of a cleric. The Blighter (if I am remembering the class right) is from Masters of the Wild. A nicer anti-druid. :D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads