What dead game would you resurrect?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
As long as people play them they’re still alive.

D&D 4E with some reworking. B/X D&D. TSR Marvel Super Heroes, aka FASERIP. TSR Top Secret. WEG Star Wars. Marvel Heroic Roleplaying. WFRP 2E. Over the Edge 3E. Shock: Social Science Fiction. Changeling: The Dreaming 20AE. Doctor Who RPG.

Some of these are long gone. Others are just sleeping.

Last edited:

I think most games that I'd like to revive would claim that they are not dead yet ;)

Modernized retro versions of some well known media- and gaming franchises aside, I think I'll nominate Ars Magica. As far as I know the 5th edition is officially declared complete. What I would like to see is a new version that is more compact than the existing one, especially trimming the fat of the advantage/disadvantage system. Also, I wouldn't mind some adventure/campaign content for it :)

I think most games that I'd like to revive would claim that they are not dead yet ;)

Modernized retro versions of some well known media- and gaming franchises aside, I think I'll nominate Ars Magica. As far as I know the 5th edition is officially declared complete. What I would like to see is a new version that is more compact than the existing one, especially trimming the fat of the advantage/disadvantage system. Also, I wouldn't mind some adventure/campaign content for it :)
Seconded! In particular, a set of tribunal books that are all the same edition.

Remove ads