• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What dead game would you resurrect?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
As long as people play them they’re still alive.

D&D 4E with some reworking. B/X D&D. TSR Marvel Super Heroes, aka FASERIP. TSR Top Secret. WEG Star Wars. Marvel Heroic Roleplaying. WFRP 2E. Over the Edge 3E. Shock: Social Science Fiction. Changeling: The Dreaming 20AE. Doctor Who RPG.

Some of these are long gone. Others are just sleeping.

Last edited:

I think most games that I'd like to revive would claim that they are not dead yet ;)

Modernized retro versions of some well known media- and gaming franchises aside, I think I'll nominate Ars Magica. As far as I know the 5th edition is officially declared complete. What I would like to see is a new version that is more compact than the existing one, especially trimming the fat of the advantage/disadvantage system. Also, I wouldn't mind some adventure/campaign content for it :)

I think most games that I'd like to revive would claim that they are not dead yet ;)

Modernized retro versions of some well known media- and gaming franchises aside, I think I'll nominate Ars Magica. As far as I know the 5th edition is officially declared complete. What I would like to see is a new version that is more compact than the existing one, especially trimming the fat of the advantage/disadvantage system. Also, I wouldn't mind some adventure/campaign content for it :)
Seconded! In particular, a set of tribunal books that are all the same edition.

Remove ads