• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What deity does YOUR Cleric worship?

S'mon

Legend
I think the Oeridian gods Hextor & Heironeus are nice, if played as "two sides of the same coin" rather than just goody vs baddy. An early-Great Kingdom Oerth campaign with the two brother-gods' Orders fighting side by side to expand Oeridian power vs the Forces of Chaos (orcs, elves, etc) would be cool. :)

- However, my favourite god is MAR Barker's Lord Ksarul, Doomed Prince of the Blue Room - a major force in my campaign world Ea.

Li Shenron

Legend
Isn't it much more difficult to roleplay a Cleric of an evil god? Seems such popular thing in this thread... :) I think it is not the same as just playing an evil character, who may just be very selfish, greedy, violent and so on.

How can you play a priest of Nerull? Killing everyone? Eventually you may even kill yourself? There is one gnome CE god in FRCS called Urdlen which is just insane "god of bloodlust and uncontrolled impulse" :eek:

LuYangShih

First Post
Creating an Evil Cleric is actually one of the most effecient ways to build a playable Evil character. Because of the defined ethos and approach sanctioned by whatever religion you choose to worship, you have a good baseline to build your actions off of. In addition, Evil characters lack the motivation of Good characters, but creating an Evil Cleric solves this problem.

Hail Shiva! Hail the lord of Destruction!

My Bladeling Priestess (11th) has been eschewing healing the party in favor of Flamestriking the heck out of everything we meet. Slay Living, Harm, and Earth Reaver (SS) add to her destructive force. She's a Doomguard, by the way.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
I'm passing fond of Fighter/Cleric of Red Knight.

Otherwise, I get my divine kicks by playing Paladins (I try to avoid the classic Paladin deities, though. Bahamut is my favorite.) or Shamans. I prefer Shaman to Cleric in just about every case.

Henry

Autoexreginated
As I showed my players last week, not all clerics of Bane are evil - just VERY, VERY obsessed with who's got the power. I had my players cheering on Bane when the NPC cleric took out the anti-magic eye of a Beholder. :)

A player could have a LN cleric of Bane with no problems, and a Lawful Evil cleric does not have to be unworkable with a party; however, care must be taken in issues where the party contains chaotic good or lawful good characters, because there WILL be conflicts.

And I think the reason Bane has such a fan following is simple; He's as cool as heck. :) Cyric in now way measured up at first, but after Prince of Lies he gained his own godling personality. Bane's just a favorite.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads