• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What deity does YOUR Cleric worship?

Larcen

Explorer
Storminator said:
Fool!

Bane is testing the faithful. Those that cannot see the genius of his design will be destroyed for their insolence!

Denker Thorn
High Priest of Waterdeep

Er...don't look now, but you just said His name.

Woe be to thee.

Storminator

First Post
Larcen said:
Er...don't look now, but you just said His name.

Woe be to thee.

Ye gads! I've been known to Smite other PCs for such an offense!

And I've just set up a Greater Glyph of Warding in the temple, set to Harm anyone that speaks his name, so I think I may have just killed myself. :)

Denker actually poses as a priest of Lathander, and I'm waiting for the day when, in his Lathanderite guise, he says the Master's name to throw off some stupid paladin. I'm sure jaws will drop around the table. :)

PS

Larcen

Explorer
Storminator said:
Ye gads! I've been known to Smite other PCs for such an offense!

And I've just set up a Greater Glyph of Warding in the temple, set to Harm anyone that speaks his name, so I think I may have just killed myself. :)

Denker actually poses as a priest of Lathander, and I'm waiting for the day when, in his Lathanderite guise, he says the Master's name to throw off some stupid paladin. I'm sure jaws will drop around the table. :)

PS

See, that right there is why I would never worship a god of evil. Their priests always seem to be walking on eggshells.

The higher level you go in a Good religion, the more you are apt to be forgiven a transgression. :cool:

BUT, the higher level you go in an Evil religion, the more you are apt to be made an example. :eek:

I think it has something to do with the fact that good gods want you to share their glory whereas evil ones get leery of those who get too close to it. ;)

Last edited:

wolff96

First Post
In the current game, I'm not the cleric. However, the cleric worships a deity of Time, Death, and balance.

I love clerics -- they are the only class other than wiz/druid/sorc that can really hold my attention. I've played clerics of Selune, St. Cuthbert, Kelemvor, and Illmater.

The favorite is probably Kelemvor. That was a really fun cleric. Super high charisma, extra turning, and full-out cleric... he was an undead critter's worst nightmare.

Last edited:

OOOOH. A Cleric thread. I'm rather fond of clerics--I've played a good number of them. Right now I'm a cleric of Aymara, from The Book of the Righteous. Jolan is his name, and he tries.... tries.. to spread the word of his beautiful goddess around the world.

LuYangShih

First Post
Banes popularity amongst Realms players is surprising, considering his poor showing from a historical standpoint. Perhaps this is because his replacement, Iyachtu Xvim, was even more lacking than his predecessor. Beshaba and Cyric are my favorite Evil Realmsian deities, and far better than either Bane or his son.

Graf

Explorer
Actually running two cleric characters: one is Morrow (from IK) the other is Leviv (a kind of trippy mix of Vecna, Wee Jas and that mad greyhawk wizard/god Zagyg)

randomling

First Post
Once played a true neutral cleric of Boccob who spontaneously cast inflict spells and was generally a fairly nasty piece of work. :D She was fun.

(Not evil in the slightest, just incredibly rude and bitchy.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads