• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What did Monte mean?

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
Dorloran said:
I've been seeing that Monte Cook remarked that he never liked d20, and that he thought it was designed by hacks?

Does anyone know where this comes from?

Do you know to what he might have been referring (break-down at high levels, too many save or die, d20 yields too narrow a range of results, etc.) and what was the context of the remark??

Thanks!

I think that Monte was indirectly commenting on the socio-economic ramifications of the fall of communisim in the early 1990's, and how it is too soon to be certain of the long term geopolitical ramifications of the political realignment of the ex soviet states.

END COMMUNICATION

Henry

Autoexreginated
Don't make hay of such a clever joke; no need to saddle Monte with such a burden. It behoofs me to tell Monte, in fact, that the original joke was funny and it shouldn't stirrup such controversy. No need to Roan it for everyone.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I simply cannot believe that this thread is dwelling on such trivial matters as whether Monte thinks that 3.0 sucks, when it could be dealing with far more pertinant issues like "Does Sue Cook have a sister and is she single?"

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Henry said:
Don't make hay of such a clever joke; no need to saddle Monte with such a burden. It behoofs me to tell Monte, in fact, that the original joke was funny and it shouldn't stirrup such controversy. No need to Roan it for everyone.

That's a bit much, Henry. You shouldn't bridle him with such a statement. As we've seen in this thread, unharnessed humor can sometimes go astray.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Henry said:

It's good to know a thread canter-upt into name-calling with Henry about. I can't believe the gallop-eople, though, especially tha-trot-ten Rel, trying to derail the topic. (I suspect he hopes the thread withers before more puns come out, but Rel... you know that strategy never pace off! H-equine all you like, but mare distraction won't keep us at bay...)

-Hyp.

Remove ads