What do we know about 'Revenge of the Giants'?

Nebten

First Post
And I also wouldn't call it a "super-adveture" since it only takes characters from level 12 to 14 where as King of the Trollhaunts is supposed to take PCs from 11 to 14. But now they are kicking up the price just because its hard bound (instead of the funky current format) and adding tokens . . . I dunno.

Badwe

First Post
it requires a DDI subscription, but this page:
Previews for August and Beyond

includes more details about revenge of the giants, mostly story based fluff as well as the stats for a few monsters. The monsters are leveled between 13 and some level 17 minions, which seems to suggest to me there is a somewhat wide level band. 160 pages seems like an awfully large pagecount for just 12-14 or even 14-17. Is it possible it actually covers all (or most) of paragon tier?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The preview I did not like. Seems to have nothing of the spirit of the originals.

(and those things were meaty! in far fewer pages)

The preview I did not like. Seems to have nothing of the spirit of the originals.

Really? I thought--given the limitations of the preview size and format--that it did evoke the originals. An isolated and besieged community sends for heroes to protect them, giant raiders with a darker/greater force behind them... Seems to have a lot of the feel of the originals to me.

(Although, that said, I'd have liked to have seen a bit more from the actual course of the adventure and the encounters, as opposed to just the intro. That, really, is where the adventure will either manage to capture some of the spirit/feel of the original, or not.)

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I know that both me and my brother are keen to run it in our shared group. :) Plus, he has many Giant mini's that'll be fun to bring out.

My brain keeps going "Play a Halfling Rogue! Play a Halfling Rogue!"

Remove ads