D&D 5E What do we want? Grognardhawk! When do we want it? Mearls!

Inchoroi

Adventurer
I about spewed coffee on my computer, you bastards.

I would like to see an update of Greyhawk for 5e. But...I'm not sure I'd trust anyone to do it justice in the right way.

66 – 75 Every table has four legs, and each leg is a table. Tables, all the way down.

86 – 90 One table, that is a meta-table, that contains all tables. Greyhawk goes Godel on you.
91 – 92 Only one table, but it resolves the exact number of moons that Greyhawk has. /ducks

99 – 00 Roll twice, add the results.

1ngm18.jpg

machineelf

Explorer
I simply don't see the need if nothing changes. I could see it if material is added, and what was previously vague becomes more fleshed out. But just to have the 1983 material in a new book, when you could just download the pdf seems like wasted effort.

I like physical books. Sue me. :p Going by your argument, they don't ever have to produce physical books anymore now anyway, whether they add something new or not. Tales from the Yawning Portal could have just been a PDF release. Yuck, who wants that? Physical books rock.

Anyway, even with a reprinting of the basic fluff of a campaign book, they could still add some 5e crunch, like stats for major NPCs. And yeah, fleshing out stuff that was previously vague or underdeveloped is a good idea, too.

Remove ads