• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you choose to play in a party that has all the basics covered?

jdavis

First Post
Half Orc Barbarian. Why? well why not, the game is about enjoyment, make up whatever character you like, even if it copies one of the other players. Or you can make a Half Orc Barbarian.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I'll agree with everyone else and tell you that you're lucky because you can play whatever you want.

I'll also add my voice to those who suggest that you play a bard or some multiclass that is a bit unusual. There's a bard IMC, along w/ a sorcerer, a druid, a fighter and a rogue, and she has been extremely useful to them in all sorts of situations. She's a poet and trick-rider, sort of like a rodeo clown. She does wacky things like vaulting over stuff to land next to a party member who's in trouble. She has the Cure Light Wounds spell, so she can help that way too. 3E bards rock, if you have the imagination to play them well.

el Voz

First Post
BARD.

They help to buff up the others and help the damage and to hit. A bard helps a prty that covers the basics that much stronger.

mooby

First Post
Thanks for all the great ideas, everybody!

mmu1 said:
Where in NY do you play, incidentally?

Westchester County.

BronxBard said:
Mooby, I'm in total agreement with mmu1 and think that you should start at the same level as the other party members. I'd talk to your DM about this. My hunch is he never intended for you to be at a lower level than the rest of the party--I'd say that if you started in January with 15,000 XP and 9,000 gp worth of equipment, you'll be right alongside everyone else.

Your DM. :D

PS: No psionics!

Different game, Peter (although strangely similar, now that I look at it!) This one's supposed to be online, but I don't know if I'll really be into it.

I've already decided to play a Monk in your game. I'm just trying to decide a race for my character, and I've narrowed it down to Human or Half-Orc. :)

Remove ads