• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you eat for a typical breakfast?

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Very similar to my recipe. Big difference is the amount of baking soda. 1tsp vs 1tbl spoon.

That how you get them fluffy?
Baking soda is indeed the secret, in my experience.

Buttermilk - or your non-dairy milk of choice and a bit of apple cider vinegar, let sit together for a few minutes - seems to make a big difference, too.

Zardnaar

Legend
Baking soda is indeed the secret, in my experience.

Buttermilk - or your non-dairy milk of choice and a bit of apple cider vinegar, let sit together for a few minutes - seems to make a big difference, too.

Buttermilk not to big her. I think you can get it but baking soda just easier.

Mine are thin, I'll add fruit for breakfast and cream/ice cream/maple syrup for dessert.

Think it's a 1/1/1 recipe. One cup of flour, 1 egg, teaspoon of baking powder, cup of milk etc. Original used water I use milk.

Pikelets were a thing they seem to be dying out.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Buttermilk not to big her. I think you can get it but baking soda just easier.

Mine are thin, I'll add fruit for breakfast and cream/ice cream/maple syrup for dessert.

Think it's a 1/1/1 recipe. One cup of flour, 1 egg, teaspoon of baking powder, cup of milk etc. Original used water I use milk.

Pikelets were a thing they seem to be dying out.
My bad - it's baking powder that's the trick - not baking soda. I've now edited my post to that effect.

Weekday mornings it's an egg over hard (my wife calls me a heathen for cooking my eggs mostly through) with a couple slices of avocado, on a slice of sourdough bread. I'll have a big cup of tea (generally something from either Friday Afternoon or Dryad Tea) after that, then a banana a bit later in the morning.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Weekday mornings it's an egg over hard (my wife calls me a heathen for cooking my eggs mostly through) with a couple slices of avocado, on a slice of sourdough bread. I'll have a big cup of tea (generally something from either Friday Afternoon or Dryad Tea) after that, then a banana a bit later in the morning.
We stayed at a b&b a couple years ago, and it was there that I discovered that the perfect breakfast for me just might be fresh guacamole on a toasted bagel. Sadly, I am not prepared to make fresh guacamole every morning!

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I used to love a big hearty breakfast (like biscuits and gravy or a complete English breakfast!) Though now that im over 40 I can hardly handle anything bigger than a bowl of cereal or yogurt, granola, and fruit. I just feel like crap for the entire day if I have lots of meat and bread for first meal.

So good! Aldi carries gluten-free bagels from time-to-time, and there's something about the creaminess of the avocado mixed with the lightly-toasted crunch of the bagel.

We stayed at a b&b a couple years ago, and it was there that I discovered that the perfect breakfast for me just might be fresh guacamole on a toasted bagel. Sadly, I am not prepared to make fresh guacamole every morning!

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I tend to eat a roll of Tunnbröd.. Basically soft flat bread, about the size of an A4-paper. Butter it up on one side, put in some topping; for me that would be either salami or cheese (right now slices of Brie), and roll up. On weekends I will have tea with this. On weekdays, I usually eat it as I walk from the buss stop towards work.

If I am at a hotel (which I am usually for the Swedish championships in Archery, then corn flakes with milk, some bread, slices of melon (if available), a hard boiled egg, and tea and juice to drink)
Man, those are good! Here in your neighbour, we call them Rieska, they are usually round, but otherwise, as far as I know, are the same thing. Now I have to get some for this week’s breakfast 😂
Well, apparently we finns have slipped back into barbarism, and you can’t get a proper Rieska in southern finland anymore... Luckily, the local market stocks actual swedish Tunnbröd! (Made in Umeå) So cheers, neighbour, thanks for the idea!

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
…so today, it was a ham & swiss sandwich with mustard on toasted, buttered sourdough; some Cape Cod kettle chips; a celery stalk and 1 green onion (both raw).

Mad_Jack

Legend
Bearing in mind that I worked second and third shift for a number of years and thus tend to eat whatever happens to be handy regardless of the time of day...

If I'm in a rush, it's generally generic Pop Tarts, Hot Pockets, or leftover pizza. If I'm not in a rush, I generally have a bowl of soup, since that tends to be my main food - I make a big pot of ground beef and vegetable soup at the beginning of each week and eat it for most meals until it's gone.

On weekends, I tend to cook something... either hot dogs. eggs. and potatoes (brown the diced potatoes with onion, add sliced hot dogs, then when it's done pour scrambled eggs on top, serve with ketchup). or I'll make a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches with sliced hot dog and chopped onion in them.

Honestly, though?

One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast is cold corn chowder...

Yup. Bacon, taters, onions and corn in a thick milk broth. And I eat it cold, lol.

(Like my signature on the Reaper forums says, "...There are reasons they call me Mad.") :D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads