• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you eat for a typical breakfast?

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I don't normally eat anything special for breakfast. If I'm planning for drivethru, I usually plan a late breakfast to avoid breakfast menus... unless one of the burger places offers a whole fried egg as a "breakfast burger" topping.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm usually the only one awake when I do breakfast, and I don't bother to cook for myself often. According to my food diary (trying to lose some weight) my most common recent weekday is a muffin, 1-2 black coffee, and 12-20oz of water.

I like bagels, especial pumpernickel, but I'm in New Jersey which means that I'm really freaking picky about good bagels. Don't talk to me about frozen, mass produced ones. I can get them fresh from the bagel shop about a 5 minute drive away, but they do just about every bagel decently (read: better than any none NJ-NY bagel) except pumpernickel. They are too tight.

Bagels and pizza, NJ's bright points in national cuisine. Elsewhere we're backwards - for example we often think there's only one type of BBQ.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
A glass of Lemon and garlic water (homemade)
Black coffee and cream

I dont actually eat till about 10.30-11 so will do brunch (yogurt & nuts, or egg (poached or omelet) or soup)

aco175

Legend
Recently, I have been having 2 slices toast and peanut butter with coffee. Weekends used to be me making the kids pancakes or waffles, but now I may make bacon, egg and cheese on english muffins or just laid on toast. I sometimes splurge and get donuts or muffins or such to bring home. Another recent development is that my wife and I go out for breakfast on the weekend, but I tend to have bacon and eggs there as well. I did have coconut-dipped french toast recently and it was great.

Zardnaar

Legend
Pretty much the same thing every day.

Flavoured oats, hot milk and peaches, pottle of yoghurt and a coffee sometimes a piece of fruit.

Cooked breakfast every 2-3 weeks as a treat at local restaurants.

Last edited:

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Ezekiel bread (a sprouted grain bread that's stored frozen), well-toasted, with Earth Balance "butter".

I will throw lettuce or other greens on that every time we have some, which is usually, or sliced radishes it we have them. I like to get a fresh vegetable in my breakfast whenever possible. Sometimes I'll add some pre-sliced deli meat, maaaaaaybe a slice of cheese.

As an alternative, the toast with Earth Balance and some raw honey.

On weekends I rarely eat my first meal until after I've gone for a run and done whatever other sweaty work needs to be done.

I've found that the more breakfast I eat, the hungrier I am the rest of the day, so in the interest of weight management I eat as little for breakfast as possible.

In the rare occasion I do have a big breakfast, it's probably going to be pancakes, with blueberries and pecans cooked into them, some bacon and/or eggs, some sauteed vegetables, and fresh-squeezed orange juice.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Okay, this is pretty far afield from Geek Talk, but I just find it endlessly fascinating how people eat around the world.

What do you typically eat for breakfast?

On Weekdays, I tend to have a slice of sourdough toast (woo San Francisco, home of the sourdough!) with extra-chunky peanut butter, and a cup (or two) of coffee.

On Weekends, I sometimes make fried eggs with toast and avocado (woo California!), and I pair that with one to three cups of coffee (I love coffee).

What is your typical breakfast?
Coffee, 2-3 eggs (usually sunny side up), 1-2 slices of sourdough toast with unsalted butter, and if I’m quite hungry I’ll make a couple breakfast sausages as well, or some ham.

Usually a few slices of bread with toppings (chocolate sprinkles or cheese or scrambled eggs or peanut butter), and of course a cup of tea; red bush, earl grey, honey or breakfast tea.

Ulfgeir

Hero
I tend to eat a roll of Tunnbröd.. Basically soft flat bread, about the size of an A4-paper. Butter it up on one side, put in some topping; for me that would be either salami or cheese (right now slices of Brie), and roll up. On weekends I will have tea with this. On weekdays, I usually eat it as I walk from the buss stop towards work.

If I am at a hotel (which I am usually for the Swedish championships in Archery, then corn flakes with milk, some bread, slices of melon (if available), a hard boiled egg, and tea and juice to drink)

ccs

41st lv DM
Coffee (black + sugar) & lots of it.

After that it depends upon the day.
*Sausage/egg/cheese either homemade or from the Mc'donalds 5 minutes down the road.
*Cheerios or such
*Sometimes leftovers from the night before.
*Fri is generally breakfast at one of several local restraunts. Several of us get together for late breakfast & then go play boardgames at the local game shop about noon.

Remove ads