What do you think of Marvel post-Endgame?

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I know I'm in the minority in saying this, but I didn't particularly like the Loki D+ show.

It's not so much that the show itself was bad exactly. It's more that I don't particularly like it in the context of how it alters the rest of the MCU.

I do have some bias though. I watched Umbrella Academy first, so it was hard to not see the Loki show as a lesser version of that.

On the other hand, I highly enjoyed No Way Home.
No Way Home was amazing (although yes, the inciting incident was kind of dumb).

I agree that Loki does contextually mess with the rest of the MCU more than I'd like. I enjoyed the story and performances though, and the visual design and soundtrack were incredible.

Thomas Shey

Legend
This is true. Most long running series can be hard to pick up if you come in in the middle. However, Marvel has relied more heavily than most on cameos as it's USP, and Multiverse of Madness in particular depends on knowing characters' abilities from other sources in order to follow what is going on.

Eh. I think they do a competent job of tell-you-as-it-goes, as long as you're familiar enough with genre tropes to be able to accept things as you get to them. I've watched movies before where I had to pick up understanding of characters' superhuman abilities on-the-fly and been able to keep up, because there's rarely anything new under the Sun. None of the Illuminati had unprecedented and heavily nuanced powers; Blackbolt is the most unusual of the set probably, and they show you his gig in the flashback.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
No Way Home was amazing (although yes, the inciting incident was kind of dumb).

Agreed, epecially on the second count.
I agree that Loki does contextually mess with the rest of the MCU more than I'd like. I enjoyed the story and performances though, and the visual design and soundtrack were incredible.
I must confess that I didn't care for Loki. I like the character, I like the actors (especially Hiddleston), I liked the setting and the visuals... but the story didn't do anything for me. Loki himself seemed almost a bystander and the last episode was (IMHO) an exceedingly long exposition.

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
Agreed. For a show supposedly starring Loki, the Norse God of Trickery, he did very little but follow others around - it was almost like he was a guest star in his own series. And he wasn't much of a trickster, either.

Johnathan

Remove ads