What do you think of Marvel post-Endgame?

I think you will find yourself in a minority to think that Florence Pugh didn't do a great job, even if you sacreligiously didn't appreciate David Harbor.

But I agree with you on the second point, Oscar Isaac isn't Iron Man. That's because he's Moon Knight. Where he did a damn fine job.
Like I said, I was not impressed by the acting in Black Widow, and I think it was very mediocre. A poor final send-off to the titular character.

Oscar Isaac had a good performance in an otherwise forgettable show.

You may think this stuff is the bee's knees, but I'm gonna drop Disney+; I just don't look forward to watching any of these shows.

Hex08

Hero
The reason I call it out in this movie is because it is so hyped up. The scene when she is falling is VISCERAL, if you listen to the sound effects, I mean there's bone crunching sound in the background, its BRUTAL. They intentionally augment just how nasty the fall sounds.....and then she gets up with barely a scatch.

Its all a matter of degrees and what our collective culture allows. For example, the idea that a human can go through a wall in a martial arts movie and still get up has entered our "cultural delusion". In real life that person has more broken bones than you want to think about, but over enough movies we have just kind of accepted that its okay for a "crazy tough person" to do.

Therefore, if Nat had fallen like a story, maybe bonked her body once....ok that is still crazy from a IRL persepctive, but its still within the realm of plausibility for "heroic action". But that's not we got, it would be like the equivalent of Hawkeye getting punched and knocked through 3 brick walls but landing on a pillow and being "completely fine", the amount of punishment Nat takes in that one scene blows away any cinematic believability. And that's only one scene, there are several others that also completely blow past any measure of heroic toughness straight into the realm of supernatural durability.... its just that the first fall scene is the most egregious
Yeah, and I still stand by my original statement that it's no different than what we see in tons of other comics and movies. If you dislike every other movie for the same reason then fair enough but otherwise, in my opinion, it's just piling on criticisms for a movie you didn't like anyways. And that's fair enough, we all like what we like and don't what we don't but be even handed in your criticism.

Every far reaching franchise does. You see it in Star Trek too.
This is true. Most long running series can be hard to pick up if you come in in the middle. However, Marvel has relied more heavily than most on cameos as it's USP, and Multiverse of Madness in particular depends on knowing characters' abilities from other sources in order to follow what is going on.

Only Murders in the Building is awesome!

That is on Hulu in the US. And yes, it is awesome. Just watched the first two episodes of season 2 and it is hard to wait for episode 3 this week.

----------------

On the thread topic, just pointing out that Far From Home is officially the final film of Phase 3 and is not part of Phase 4. And if we are comparing Phase 4 to what it should be, Phase 1 and maybe 2, it is doing just fine and is just as disconnected as those initial MCU films were. Things will pick up once we get to the next full appearance of Kang in Ant-man 3. As for the MCU films in general, I find even the most average of them to be more watchable than any of the DCEU movies, especially for rewatching. I think Black Adam will be the first DCEU movie I will enjoy as much and want to see more than once.

Argyle King

Legend
I know I'm in the minority in saying this, but I didn't particularly like the Loki D+ show.

It's not so much that the show itself was bad exactly. It's more that I don't particularly like it in the context of how it alters the rest of the MCU.

I do have some bias though. I watched Umbrella Academy first, so it was hard to not see the Loki show as a lesser version of that.

On the other hand, I highly enjoyed No Way Home.

Remove ads