• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What do you think of this WotC retweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
I'm pretty tired of the race, politics, discussions on this forum.

Therefore, I'll support ENWorld going forward and continue to buy its products, but I'm leaving the discussion community.

Only posting this because it should be referenced somewhere that allowing this sort of thing to continue, while it certainly drives traffic, post counts and supports free speech - doesn't fit everyone's cup of tea for where they want to spend time - and "if you don't want to read it, don't read it" doesn't cut it when you don't know what you're getting in to based on the title of the thread.

Be well. Maybe I'll be back in another five years.
KB
I sympathize. It is pretty awful how the forum forces you to read every thread, regardless of whether you are interested in it or not. Hopefully they will get rid of that soon.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Supporting A does not mean opposing B.

Just because WoTC vocally encourages women and POC to apply does not mean that they are discouraging men or non-POC from applying.

It's just a hunch, but something tells me that they have plenty of white male applicants without any encouragement on their part.

Also, there is a big difference between applying for a job and being given the job. I'm sure WoTC will give the job to the most qualified person. They just want a big pool of applicants so they can get a lot of talented people interested.

If I could give multiple XP for this post, I would.

As far as the original tweet goes, I’m glad to see it. It shows that they saw the criticism over Tomb of Annihilation, noted it, and most importantly are taking steps to do better.

You know what I'm tired of? I'm tired of having intelligent discussion shot down by arguments of "this is a community about gaming".
I'm tired of glorified alt-right trolls being tolerated on forums across the internet in the name of "free speech".
I'm tired of having an education that allows me to see the problems in my hobby, only to be told by others that "everything is fine".
I'm tired of people on arguably the least political forum I have ever been on complaining about the one or two political threads that come up among the dozens of game-related threads.
I'm tired of those threads being filled with people who don't understand anything about the issue spouting off like they're the God Emperor of political debate.

The gaming community has problems. Sticking your head in the sand, running away from them, avoiding discussion, refusing to participate in that discussion, poop-posting in threads on that discussion is tiresome to me. I want to improve the gaming community, I want more people playing the games I love, I want my friends to feel comfortable walking into a gaming store while female.

The gaming community IS us. It won't change without US changing and it needs to change, we​ need to be that change.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I sympathize. It is pretty awful how the forum forces you to read every thread, regardless of whether you are interested in it or not. Hopefully they will get rid of that soon.

It's an especially odd statement to make since ENworld generally has politics and religion a verboten topic (which is why I thought this thread would be closed really fast). Look at the thread topics on this forum. How many are political? Hardly any. 1% Less than 1%? So yeah, his statement is pretty odd to me. It would be like me making a comment at RealGM (sports forum) and saying I'm leaving because I'm tired of all the discussions about cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads