• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you want the next "genre setting" to be?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, we know that WotC is publishing a "Genre Setting" 4E book for Gamma World. It seems likely that it might be the first of a series of genre setting books. If so, then the question becomes...

What do you want the next "genre setting" to be?

Cheers!

Knightfall

Sketchpad

Explorer
Put me down for Star Frontiers, Dark*Matter, Top Secret and maybe something Pulpy (but not with magic being used for Weird Science ... )

Starglyte

Explorer
Ravenloft(Gothic Horror)
Sword and Socrery
Sword and Planet (spelljammer?)
Historical (the old 2nd edition historical settings)

I can dream can I?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Um... how about... Spelljammer?

Normally I'd be all about Ravenloft, but in a (4e) game of uber-heroic fantasy, it almost defeats the purpose of being "scary". Ravenloft, for me, has always been Castlevania... so maybe it could work.

Stormonu

Legend
I'm in the mood for Star Frontiers or Spelljammer.

Strangely, I had more problems envisioning Ravenloft under 3E than in 4E. And I am not a 4E person.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Paranoia. Actually, you could do a fair job of capturing the paranoia or call of cthulhu mechanics in 4E by simply requiring players to roll d12s for all d20 rolls. And monsters/ robots/ vulture squadron troopers would roll d30s.

Last edited:

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I want a d20 Modern/Urbana Arcana type of setting with cybernetics and magic. In other words, a 4e-ish Shadowrun. ;)

Also, something akin to Dragonstar meets Alternity meets d20 Future.

I'd throw in my hat for Spelljammer too. Star Frontiers would also be cool.

A superhero game would also be good, but I don't know that WotC could compete against Mutants & Masterminds. Nor am I sure I want them to.

falcarrion

First Post
I would perfer they try something new then rehash old stuff.
I would like for them to do a underwater campain setting. If you look at the rules for under water combat for 3.x or pathfinder, 4e has the most useable one of all three.

Remove ads