• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you want WOTC to release as the next 4e campaign setting?

Which previous campaign setting do you want WOTC to release for 4e?

jdsivyer

First Post
It's no secret that WOTC are planning on releasing 4e versions of some of their previous campaign settings.

If you could only choose 1 campaign setting to be re-released, which one would you choose:

FireLance

Legend
And Bagpuss gets XP for pointing out the terrible flaw in the poll. :)

We now have the multiclass-only class mechanic to balance bloodlines! :cool:

jdsivyer

First Post
Not listed but Birthright, which was easily the best 2nd Ed setting ever released. You should be slowly roasted over hot coals for not putting it in your poll.

Won't happen though.

I have to agree. I loved Birthright, but after reading numerous comments on these forums I realised there wasn't that much love for Birthright as I had hoped, so I left it out of the list. I should have put it in, but...

Anyway, Birthright has been a favourite of mine for ages, and, as you said, easily the best 2e setting.

So I voted for Greyhawk...first love and all ;)

Drowbane

First Post
Planescape. Best of 2e.

Edit: ...of those listed... Dark Sun.

Honorable mention: I'd like to see WotC release Rich Burlew's setting (he was 2nd or 3rd place in the competition that Rich Baker won with Eberron, right?). These would be the first and quite possibly only 4e books I would own.

Bagpuss

Legend
Where's the Planescape option...?

Just under the Birthright one. :uhoh:

Perhaps if all the people that want Birthright vote Dragonlance and all the people that want Planescape vote Spelljammer, that would work, because nobody would vote for those settings otherwise we would know what people mean. :D

jdsivyer

First Post
Just under the Birthright one. :uhoh:

Perhaps if all the people that want Birthright vote Dragonlance and all the people that want Planescape vote Spelljammer, that would work, because nobody would vote for those settings otherwise we would know what people mean. :D

In all honesty, I only put those 5 options because I can't imagine WOTC ever releasing a 4e Planescape setting...not with the new cosmology and the manual of the planes book, etc. I really just don't think it's part of their plan (my opinion). I listed the 5 settings I thought might have a chance of being revamped for 4e.

Bagpuss

Legend
I was just kidding, I agree with you about Planescape, and that's also part of the reason I don't think we will see Birthright. The Cosmology is different, Halflings would need reworking, probably they should have Shadow Step and the Feywild would be combined with the Shadowrealm. Still certainly a smaller leap from standard 4th Ed D&D than Planescape.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads