• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you wish was made into a game?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I also would love to see a setting based on David & Leigh Eddings works (The Belgariad Anthology, The Malloreon Anthology, The Elenium Trilogy and The Tamuli Trilogy).

Bobitron

Explorer
Frukathka said:
I also would love to see a setting based on David & Leigh Eddings works (The Belgariad Anthology, The Malloreon Anthology, The Elenium Trilogy and The Tamuli Trilogy).

I would buy that. I loved the Elenium.

What I would like to see most, though, is Battle Chasers d20. The setting seems great, just not fleshed out enough for a full book. It would take Joe Mad doing more work on the universe (fingers crossed, everyone!) or a good deal of filling in the blanks to make it work.

VirgilCaine

First Post
Macbeth said:
One I thought of recently: Lone Gunman RPG. Maybe d20, maybe not. It just seems like a perfect set up for a game. Set the PCs up as a strugling independent 'newspaper,' not nessecarily the Lone Gunman, but something investigating Government conspiracies and toher odd stuff. Go from there. Throw them a new story to look into each session, spend the times between sessions 'managing' the paper, and tie it all together with some common characters/threads. Heck, you don't even need a new system/book, you could just run it on your own. But a setting book would still kick butt.

Sounds like Kolchak: The Night Stalker as an RPG, which would be a good one.

I want to see A Game of Universe in GURPS. That would be great. Magic as psychology/vice versa, high-tech, a huge mix of technologies, cultures, governments, religions, and such. Great fun.

Last edited:

Anything David Eddings

Transformers, from the movie backwards, maybe beast wars

Battle Beasts :)

Seriusly, ANYTHING from Crossgen comics, especially Scion or Soujurn. Or the Witchblade, WildC.A.T.S., or Stormwatch series by Image. Er, anything Image. Especially if there is art.

Bobitron

Explorer
Jondor_Battlehammer said:
Seriously, ANYTHING from Crossgen comics, especially Scion or Soujurn. Or the Witchblade, WildC.A.T.S., or Stormwatch series by Image. Er, anything Image. Especially if there is art.

I recently purchased a bunch of Wetworks comics with hopes of making a game based off them. Yet another project I may never get around to...

Wombat

First Post
Yep, both Bas-Lag and Barsoom sound great!

On top of that, how about something based on Johnathon Strange & Mr Norrell? I think that would make a great game!

VirgilCaine said:
Sounds like Kolchak: The Night Stalker as an RPG, which would be a good one.

I like both the Kolchak idea and the Lone Gunmen idea, but thier roles will be assumed by a good aligned secret society called the Iluminati. :) To be more exact by the Masons and the Shriners. :D

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
The Wing Commander/Privateer universe.

Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain

Lawrence Watt-Evans' Ethenshar books

Matrix (please do not mock me)

akchf

First Post
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter of Mars series of books would be a wonderful setting if someone could obtain the license. Rich with new races, classes, monsters and neat tech.

I would love to see this setting done, and how about Battlestar Galactica the original or the current series I wouldn't really care.
I'm not sure I'd want to see them in a class based system though I'm thinking something with skill buys similar to the LotR.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads