• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you wish was made into a game?

GlassJaw

Hero
But there is a big difference between homebrewing a setting and having a pre-existant, and well done, setting book. If Wulf could come out with something, for Grim Tales or not, that could replicate the feel for the setting I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Why do you need a sourcebook for everything? I mean if you've read the League comics, you know the characters, the setting, and the types of plots in the stories. Once you have that, all you really need is a system that can handle it (which Grim Tales does quite admirably) and the characters statted out (which Ben has done).

To be honest, quite a few of the things people have mentioned in this thread could be done with existing rules.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I'd love to see a "Worlds of Clive Barker" rpg. Something that allowed you to explore the Dominions of Imajica, the Quiddity realms of the Books of the Art, the creepiness of the Books of Blood and Hellraiser's Schism. Something with a magic system based around suits and raptures and other freaky goodness.

And something similar for Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" series, too.

(Actually, I might as well just go back and resurrect my old Mage:the Ascension game, come to think of it. It can cover all of the above, with the right approach. But I still want my Clive Barker game, OK??!!)

Aw man A battle Beasts RPG would rock, i think hasbro had the rights to them back in the day, and Shadow beast (same thing as battle beasts but they had marbles in there stomachs you held up to the light to see there elements), but with more types like add earth in there and air.
A Necrospoce RPG (i heard one already existed but ive never seen it)
X-Com would be sweet, but so would doom (oddly enough im not a fan of the actual video game just the concept).

Id love to see A jason, freddy or heck a movie manics RPG you can either play monsters against each other or be the helpless teens.

Godzilla or any giant monster movies RPG, i havent see a real good one yet or any for that matter.

I have a friend working on a Megaman X game, though he keeps changing the system it uses (i doubt well ever get to play).

Id like to see Engel turned into a Storyteller game ( the d20 version just doesnt jive with me)

I dont know if Chaosium would ever do it but call of cthulhu thats more like The titus crow series.

I always though First Wave would have been a really good game, or even special Unit 2. The others (tv show not the movie) would have been neat.

Draven

First Post
magic as an rpg

currently i am working on a system to convert a six set or six book section of magic the gathering into AD&D 2nd edition one of my players who has also read the book brought up a good point in that throught the books there is no all out mages except barrin so the system we devised for magic in the world is everyone starts out with a base color and spells are point based and aquiring a new color is along the same system. if you have read the books then you too will see the beauty in this because all the writers have given you npc's and in vivid detail. who wouldn't like to fight alongside gerrard or compete against the cabal or for that matter travel to phyrexia. my only problem now is setting points and allowable spells.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
GlassJaw said:
To be honest, quite a few of the things people have mentioned in this thread could be done with existing rules.

Maybe some people would like to focus more on actually playing than writing tons of setting material? I don't mind it, but I can see why people like having a professionally written setting rather than doing it themselves. After all, this thread is about wishful thinking.

Kane

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Nine Hands said:
Already got one for Robotech :) (Fuzion + Mekton Zeta + Hard Work = Great Game System)

Ghost in the Shell is on my short list to do. Should be pretty easy to do actually.
You want to do something d20-ish in this vein, feel free to contact me. EN Mini-Games could use that baby...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads