• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What Does the Game Need Now?

Sadras

Legend
Since it seems that they no long do dedicated DM (or Player) supplements, but combine both in one, this sort of book would need player-facing material. I'd say an "advanced" book with these options would also be a great place for alternate class abilities (as discussed in the latest ranger thread).

This makes sense. It would definitely be a must have for every table.

akr71

Hero
More kid and beginner friendly material for the tabletop game. Not a lot more - the Starter Set is really good - but something easy to pick up and run for a group of kids just being introduced to D&D. Even out here in Hawaii we have a kid-focused AlohaCon, and I’ve been looking at running HeroKids there because 5e (at least as presented in the core rules) is a bit too complex & too combat-focused for teaching young kids IMO.

Yes, that would be great!

Also, how about a new adventure for the Starter Set. LMoP is a greater starter module, but how about move it to the DM's Guild and put a new offering out.

G

Guest 6801328

Yes, that would be great!

Also, how about a new adventure for the Starter Set. LMoP is a greater starter module, but how about move it to the DM's Guild and put a new offering out.

How about a variant for D&D specifically designed for 5-10 year olds? Not just maturity of content, but modified to fit the piagetian understanding of those ages. Dramatically simplified rules, maybe replace some of the numbers with pictographs on the character sheet. And extensively playtested to make sure kids that age can get their heads around the mechanics.

Things I would like:

• A complete world map of the Forgotten Realms (Toril, or at least all of Faerûn)
  • More detailed maps of subsections of the world
  • A completely consistent wiki of the Forgotten Realms, up to date to this version
  • A monster manual with special characters (e.g. multiple wizards, bards, druids, etc., special dragons and weird demons) which are not necessarily linked to a specific location.
  • Villages and towns that I can plug into a game, with maps, buildings and characters

In short, a little help with the more mundane parts of world building. I get the feeling that D&D starts to provide more and more exotic things (Chult, dinosaurs, spell jammers, etc), but very little content that is down to earth, so to speak.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
You'd think that.... But at my local FedEx/Kinkos they refused to believe what they were reading in the terms page of the files I'd bought. It took a direct Email from Schley himself to get them to take my $.

That’s crazy!

Define "Reasonable Price".[/QUOTE]

Not dwarves forge prices?

W

WhosDaDungeonMaster

I agree with the more Monsters. I wouldn't mind a MM2 or 3 :)

I guess I am in the minority here, but I would like a spell book, listings all the spells by class and then level instead of mixed alphabetically, with entries repeated if multiple classes can cast the spell (no see Cleric spell of same name stuff...). Last night, my players were trying to read up on new spells when they leveled and found it frustrating flipping back and forth.

More backgrounds would be nice, but honestly all the subclasses, subraces, extra races and stuff is just a lot of fluff to me and I wouldn't care for more. My current party has two tieflings, a dragonborn, half-orc, drow, and duergar. They are basically the D&D version of the Suicide Squad.

Oh, and I would love to see a better DM screen in portrait-orientation like my old 2E one instead of landscape. I was very disappointed with the 5E DM screen...

G

Guest 6801328

If there's going to be a Monster Manual II I'd much rather it have a sub-set of the existing, but with more interesting/surprising/random abilities and tactics for each one, and also variety of sub-types across a range of CRs.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I am chocking on monster stat blocks. No interest in buying more. But I would love deep dives into specific monsters. "Ecology Of ... ", "Monstrous Arcana...", "The Complete Book of ...", etc. I really liked the first 3rd of Volos and would love another book like that but instead of a bunch of stat blocks in the back, mingle variants of the monster your are talking about in the section on that monster and same with any character options.

Seems like there is plenty of room for this. Still many iconic monsters that are ripe for this. Heck, about about starting with DRAGONS. You could make a full book on dragons with deep dives into their societies, ecologies, life cycles. Include multiple lair maps and tie in with premium battlemap and mini products. Stuff I could easily work into my campaign or create a mini campaign around. Actually, it would make sense to include some adventures.

So, the complete book of dragons. Each chapter discusses a different dragon. In depth treatment of its lifecycle, behavior, and ecology. Give some variant options for the dragon. Give some cult and minion options for some of the dragons. Give one or more lair maps. And end with plot hooks or a mini adventure.

I would pre-order that in a heartbeat.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I want more dungeons.

Kinda like 4e's Dungeon Delves, a book with 30 minidungeons, one for each character level. But in the spirit of 5e, I'd want the dungeons to be a lot less rigid in their encounter balancing. Like design them for Tier 1, Lower Tier 2, Mid Tier 2, etc rather than for specific character levels.

I'd also want them to be significantly longer with more exploration (and socialization, too).

More Dungeons of the Mage, essentially.
Have you seen AAW's Mini Dungeon Book? ENWorld thread about it here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ni-Dungeon-Tome-for-5th-Edition-or-Pathfinder

Remove ads