Dragonlance What Dragonlance Shadow of the Dragon Queen cover did you get?

Steel_Wind

Legend
Unfortunately I did not realize that the board game itself is either not yet out or fiendishly hard to get because none of the stores nearby have it except for the special edition above or offer anything except "preorders".

Honestly Wizards did not do a great job marketing it clearly as to when it is available.
No they didn't. I am not sure what was behind that, but given delays in manufacturing and the logistics of Xmas shipments from China, that may explain a great deal. Still, Hasbro doesn't have to wait in the "general" line when it comes to mftring. They are a historically valued client with relationships in China that are older than the vast majority of ENWorld users. Those roots go deep.

It's not yet clear when this thing will be out at all -- but I fear the only version in the wild before March is the Deluxe edition, pre-ordered or not.

No they didn't. I am not sure what was behind that, but given delays in manufacturing and the logistics of Xmas shipments from China, that may explain a great deal. Still, Hasbro doesn't have to wait in the "general" line when it comes to mftring. They are a historically valued client with relationships in China that are older than the vast majority of ENWorld users. Those roots go deep.

It's not yet clear when this thing will be out at all -- but I fear the only version in the wild before March is the Deluxe edition, pre-ordered or not.
Yeah. I'm thinking that's likely the case. I get COVID delays and whatnot, so I have some sympathies. I just wish I known ahead of time because if I did I would've just picked up the Deluxe edition. I like the Soth cover better but frankly the entire reason I wanted the damned thing was for the board game rules so I know if I can use the ruleset for my actual ongoing campaign. The actual adventure book is great, just secondary to me. So yeah, that's kind of annoying.

I'm considering looking into possibly picking up the deluxe copy and gifting the adventure book to a friend of mine as a christmas present because she hasn't bought it yet though. That'll depend on if I can find a copy though because I didn't preorder the damn thing because I had no idea the standalone game wouldn't be out until March. Because, ya know, it says on Wizard's damn website it's out December 6th! /rant over. :mad:

I got the deluxe box cover. I think I ever so slightly prefer the regular release artwork, but where I live I'd have to wait another two months to get my hands on that one. And the metallics do look really, really good. I think I prefer metallics on covers when there's illustration-type art rather than more symbolic or abstract. The Ravenloft, and Eberron metallic covers look amazing, but I'm pretty unmoved by the Strixhaven one.

Weiley31

Legend
All three. Well, that's the plan.
I want to get the Soth cover because it looks quite amazing. And that's been my main reason for getting the ALT covers since Tyranny of Dragons 2019. But I also want the Deluxe Edition cover because that one looks ten times better than the standard cover and I'll probably use that one for my main usage while Soth acts more of a display piece. (I also wish it was the standard cover instead).

The standard cover will be purchased a couple of times and I'm using that as Christmas gifts to some of my fellow DND players that I know in my circle as well as my best friend who is also DND player too.

darjr

I crit!
IMG_6666.jpeg

link

Justin got his deluxe edition, he ordered from Amazon.
IMG_6665.jpeg

Remove ads