Dragonlance What Dragonlance Shadow of the Dragon Queen cover did you get?

Steel_Wind

Legend
I am glad I switched my pre-order from just the book to the deluxe edition. It would be driving me crazy if I had to wait months for the board game. 😂
Yup. It's even worse for me as I was dumb enough to mention WoK as one of my two gift requests from my wife. So now I have to wait - and only on Xmas morn will I know if she managed to find one, else, I will then have to. I didn't realize it would be a problem when I made the suggestion on the night before Black Friday.

Not one of my better ideas. ;)

fjw70

Adventurer
Yup. It's even worse for me as I was dumb enough to mention WoK as one of my two gift requests from my wife. So now I have to wait - and only on Xmas morn will I know if she managed to find one, else, I will then have to. I didn't realize it would be a problem when I made the suggestion on the night before Black Friday.

Not one of my better ideas. ;)
Maybe you will get lucky and she will buy the deluxe version of the release to get you the board game if that is the only ways he can get it right now.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Maybe you will get lucky and she will buy the deluxe version of the release to get you the board game if that is the only ways he can get it right now.
I don't know how "lucky" that will be. I am just as likely to have had her balk at the cost of the deluxe edition (over $200 in $CAD) and have her explain that "I'll have to wait until March" for that.

My SotDQ Session 0 was yesterday. We play every other week, but as that puts our game on Xmas Eve - that won't happen. So we play Session 1 on Jan 7. If I have to wait until March? Not good. If I have to go buy the deluxe edition after Xmas, when my wife knows how expensive it was? :O

So "lucky" here is a moving target :)

fjw70

Adventurer
I don't know how "lucky" that will be. I am just as likely to have had her balk at the cost of the deluxe edition (over $200 in $CAD) and have her explain that "I'll have to wait until March" for that.

My SotDQ Session 0 was yesterday. We play every other week, but as that puts our game on Xmas Eve - that won't happen. So we play Session 1 on Jan 7. If I have to wait until March? Not good. If I have to go buy the deluxe edition after Xmas, when my wife knows how expensive it was? :O

So "lucky" here is a moving target :)
In my fantasy scenario is that your wife loves you so much that she doesn’t care about the cost. 😁

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
Over $200? Sounds like you're getting ripped off. You shopping at the Sentry Box in Calgary, by any chance?

Because there are other FLGS in Canada that sell the deluxe edition for $150 and offer free shipping at $165 (or flat rate shipping of $10.95 within the country).

Steel_Wind

Legend
Over $200? Sounds like you're getting ripped off. You shopping at the Sentry Box in Calgary, by any chance?

Because there are other FLGS in Canada that sell the deluxe edition for $150 and offer free shipping at $165 (or flat rate shipping of $10.95 within the country).
Nah, that's my fault for not understanding that the price on DDB/ WotC's website was converted to $CAD, or if it wasn't for assuming that was the street price in $USD. I do see that the deluxe version is available at 401 Games in Toronto for $149.99 CAD. So maybe my wife does get it for me? And if she doesn't, well, I will feel less guilty about buying it for myself after Xmas!

I'm sure that whatever happens it will be wrong and all my fault. I'm very accepting of these inevitable vicissitudes at this stage. As long as I get the damned game? Fine!

Remove ads