What drink should I try?

Dioltach

Legend
At the moment I'm preparing for hosting a Macallan nosing session. Just found out the actual price of my Macallan 18yo Gran Reserva that I picked up on the cheap a while back. I wish I hadn't opened it now ...

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
At the moment I'm preparing for hosting a Macallan nosing session. Just found out the actual price of my Macallan 18yo Gran Reserva that I picked up on the cheap a while back. I wish I hadn't opened it now ...
Tell us how it feels to drink a scotch worth 2k. Bitter?

EscherEnigma

Adventurer
It is not like you gave your thoughts on the wine suggestions. You liky or no liky?
Based on past performance, wines are not expected to meet my threshold requirements, nevertheless my objectives. Add in that the analysis-of-alternatives necessary prior to acquisition is often made moot by the selection committee (aka, liquor store), and the expected value of the proposal was not high enough to move forward with.

Tried a June Bug last night. It was... interesting. The recipe I used was 1 part coconut rum, 1 part Midori, 1 part banana liqueur, 1 part pineapple juice and 1 part sweet & sour mixer. I was surprised at how smooth it went down (especially given how potent the liqueur was), but it wasn't really a drink I could mix up quickly while gaming, and definitely one that I would go careening off the "happily buzzed" stage into the "wasted" if I downed more then one ever two hours. Definitely gonna make one for the husband when he comes home next though. I think I'll try to see if there's a more "casual drink" and less "let's get this party started" before tonight.

I also saw your fabled "clamato" while at the store. It sent shivers down my spine.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I'm pretty simple when it comes to cocktails and spirits. I'm a huge fan of vodka. It is the one product at which the Russians excel more than any other. So if it has vodka in it, I enjoy it. Aside from that, I like to drink straight bourbon whiskey or scotch whiskey on the rocks. Black label Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Johnny Walker, take your pick.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I'm pretty simple when it comes to cocktails and spirits. I'm a huge fan of vodka. It is the one product at which the Russians excel more than any other. So if it has vodka in it, I enjoy it. Aside from that, I like to drink straight bourbon whiskey or scotch whiskey on the rocks. Black label Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Johnny Walker, take your pick.

Oof ... none of those are bourbon, whiskey or scotch. :p

Sorry, I'm a brown liquor snob! Just playin' with ya!

Remove ads